Saturday 12 June 2010

Stitchy, Waxy, Canvas (Sunday Stamper Challenge)

I have been enjoying a workshop today with Sarah Anderson.  We have been making a stitchy, waxy canvas, what FUN we had.  I am also entering this for The Sunday Stamper challenge which is to use NUMBERS in your artwork and I have used plenty of them.  Pop over to Hels blog to join in, Hels is giving aways some fantastic blog candy which you can see on my side bar.  It's a special occasion for Hels she is the BIG 40 today, so a big happy birthday Hels, have a fantastic day.
Once I arrived home I knew I needed to add something to my canvas just to lift it a little so I added some buttons and a couple of Tim's Idea-ology, which just finishes it off quite nicely.
We decorated the canvas using paint dabbers, stamps and sponging through sequin waste.  The flowers were stamped on a page of an old book and stamped images added afterwards.  These were then adhered using melted beeswax, great fun.  To complete we added some stitching around the flowers.  Thanks for a great workshop Sarah, I had a fun, relaxing day, THANKS x x

15 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun looks like you had fun and this is just brilliant love it hugs cheryl xxxx

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh that does look like fun! Great piece Tracy!

Maggie said...

This is great looks like great fun to make too!

Maggie

Julie Ranae said...

How fun for you, Tracy! I wish I could have some time with my bestie Sarah : )

This is really a great piece.
Thanks for stopping by to say hello over at The Open Window...it's ALWAYS appreciated ; )

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my Audrey Award!

Your canvas is gorgeous - the background is so rich and textured with all those layered elements, and each flower is a miniature work of art! What a fun day you must have had creating this!

Sarah Anderson said...

Love the buttons you added Tracy, they give just the right touch :)

Courtney Baker said...

Very cool prooject!

Amy said...

very pretty flowers!

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous Tracy! Bet you had fun! x

Netty said...

Gorgeous product Tracy, love it. Annette x

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally gorgeous piece of art hun, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... and for the birthday greetings x

Terry said...

stunning canvas! The buttons on those gorgeous flowers is perfect!

Eve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eve said...

this great piece shows you had fun making it! I luv the flowers, stamped on an old book. Very Nice! :-)

Ruby said...

Congratulations on being on the DT for Stamp Attic! Your work is lovely! Look forward to seeing more of it!!! :o)