Tuesday 17 November 2015

Eileen Hull Art With Heart Challenge - New Release

Welcome to my third post of the month for Eileen Hull's Art With Heart Challenge and this month we have something special....a new release! You can find the whole release HERE. Our Challenge this month is A STITCH IN TIME and you can intepret in anyway you like.
This week I have used the Needle Book and the Button Jars and Labels dies. I wanted all my pieces for the new release to all coordinate so once again these pieces have been coloured with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I added the Button Jar to Eileen's Cookie Box and I covered the Button Jar in a piece of Tim Holtz fabric, adding coordinated twine to the top. I also added the die cut buttons which I coloured with Distress Inks Vintage Photo and Fired Brick, threading twine through the top button. I also used Tim Holtz Thinlits Labels to add a label to the top of my box, stamping with an alphabet to add the text buttons.
The outside of the box has been stamped with the Vintage Sewing stamp set from Artistic Outpost, stamping with Potting Soil Archival Ink and I also added three vintage buttons threaded with twine.
I added two pieces of felt to the inside of my Needle Book and used the Chevron Stitchlits Die to add holes to the felt and then added some random stitching and chain stitching.
I added a touch of colour to the felt to give an old vintage found feel to the piece again colouring with Vintage Photo Distress Ink; applying the ink to a non-stick craft sheet, spritzing with water and then mopping up the ink with the felt and then allowing to dry.
I added some random stitching to the back and front of the Needle Book for added texture and interest.
The front of the Needle Book has once again been stamped with imagery from the Artistic Outpost Vintage Sewing Set, stamped with Potting Soil Archival Ink. I also added some wooden letters decorated with Wendy Vecchi Tree Branch Embossing Powder along with random stitching and a touch of tissue tape.

http://www.eileenhull.com/





Thank you so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



15 comments:

Sandie said...

I love anything to do with haberdashery, this is a great project

Pamellia said...

Morning Tracy. This is such a fabulous set, you always bowl me over with your 3D creations!! Your needle book is incredible, if I didn't know better, I would think it's made from rawhide!! Amazing! The button box is fantastic too! What a beautiful and functional set my friend! hugs to you :)

Candy C said...

How do you do it, Tracy? You do so many creations and every one of them is different and fresh ideas! These die cures are darling and I love what you have done with the needle card and little button box. So cute!

Ellie Knol said...

A beautiful project... gorgeous details... just perfect.

eileen hull said...

I have the same question as Candy Colwell- HOW DO YOU DO IT? Every piece you create is so full of color, ideas and techniques! Love the button box- who knew that button jar would fit on the lid of the Cookie Box die? Great combo. The Needle Book looks like something you might find in a 1900's sewing basket- love it! Thanks Tracy for the amazing projects!

Redanne said...

Two totally fabulous projects Tracy, I love how you co-ordinated them and your stitching looks great too! Hugs, Anne xx

Patricia said...

What a brilliant "project" love them both.
I don't have the Die for the Cookie Box but you have given me an idea.
Thank you for the inspiration
Patricia X

Julia Aston said...

What a fun button box and sweet pin holder you created here Tracy! love the colors and decoration on both - so creative! Julia xx

rachel said...

a wonderful piece Tracy - love all hings sewing - gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

Jean Bullock said...

Oh my gosh, this is wonderful. I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it! (And I typed each word out too - no copy and paste.) Oh and I pinned it to my Eileen board too.

Lisa H said...

Tracy, I love these so mu Has! They are just fabulous!

Deb said...

Wonderful Tracy, love the little button box and the needle book is equally lovely, thanks for sharing them! Deb xo

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your button holder and sewing kit are so so so clever!!! LOVE the paper choices too! Great ideas and inspiration!

A Pink said...

A lovely duo of vintagemess! Tracy Love how you have given them both a real aged look and kept the same theme on both the button box and needle case - a lovely complimentary set- perfect to give as a gift . x

Words and Pictures said...

Love what you've done with Eileen's sweet new releases. The stamping is perfect as are the vintage neutrals, with a great pop of colour in the sewing book and on the top of the button box.
Alison xx