Tuesday 3 November 2015

Eileen Hull Art With Heart Challenge New Release

Morning all and welcome to my post for Eileen Hull's Art With Heart Challenge. This month we have something special for you, a NEW RELEASE! You can view the whole range of Stitchlits HERE. Our Challenge theme this month is a STITCH IN TIME which you can interpret anyway you like.
For my first piece I have used the fantastic SEWING BOX, this is an amazing die. I began by colouring each of the die cut pieces with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink and then placing the Tim Holtz Gothic Layering Stencil over the top of each piece and then applying Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the stencil. I also added shading to the edges of each piece.
To embellish I added scrabble letters, a mini spool and brass scissors along with Hitch Fasteners to fasten the top section.
The left had right side top pieces echo each other with the same cordinated embellishments.
This SEWING BOX die is so authentic, I loved decorating it. I added colour to the inside of the boxes, spraying with Fossilized Amber Distress Spray Stain and I then lined each of the boxes with a piece of felt.
I loved adding embellishments to each of the boxes. I think this would also make a fabulous tool box.
Each of the connecting pieces was coloured with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and I added authentic screw brads to each one. I can see this die is going to become a firm favourite!

http://www.eileenhull.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

14 comments:

eileen hull said...

This Sewing Box takes my breath away Tracy! Fantastic color and love the felt lining to each drawer too... Just beautiful!

Jacky said...

Omg - This is stunning. So much work. I love every bit of it. So,so,so clever xxx

Pammejo said...

Fabulous Tracy!!! Love your seeing box!!!

Diana said...

tracy this is a fabulous kickoff to the new release!! i love how your sewing box came out !! all the little attention to detail bits you have added....marvelous darling!! marvellous!

Karin said...

Oooo I've been waiting for this die to come out. Love your sewing box Tracy and all of the finishing touches.

Words and Pictures said...

Love the golden vintage glow of this, and the metal "screws" holding the "leather" straps - what a stunning die, and you've shown it off to perfection!
Alison xx

rachel said...

awesome work - I love this! Beautiful Tracy xx

Redanne said...

Absolutely stunning, love the colours, the embellishments and I agree, it would make a great tool box. So looking forward to building mine, you have inspired me! xx

Tonya said...

I love the vintage feel of your sewing box! So many textures and details for the eye to take in? Gorgeous!

Lisa H said...

Yep Tracy, this is such a fabulous piece! I can't wait to make something with this Sewing Box die. =)

hazel said...

This is amazing Tracy, lovely colours and details.
xxx Hazel.

Pamellia said...

Hey Tracy, oh how I missed your wonderful projects! Just popped my head in to say thanks so much for all of the kind comments you left for me while I was away, you are so sweet! I am mostly all settled in now and finally able to take some time to visit my favourite blogs!! Take care and I will see you again soon. hugs :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I LOVE this die! Your sewing box is marvelous! LOVE the color choice too! So wonderful!

Kate said...

Wow! Love the way you colored the outside of the box! I just found out about this new scoreboard die yesterday and its already on back order! I never did end up finding the CHA video showing this from the 2015 Sizzix Winter booth. Its just stunning, great job and thanks for the awesome inspiration! (Did you use matboard or chipboard? Also what kind of brads did you use? Thanks so much!)