Thursday 5 November 2015

London Fashion

I am showcasing the Vintage Fashion stamp set this week from Artistic Outpost.
I decided to create a tent card this week using the Vintage Fashion imagery to create a London Fashion style card, very patriotic! I created a 4" x 6" card blank which I covered with Tim Holtz Correspondence Paper Stash and then die cut an arch from the front panel using Our Daily Bread Cathedral Window and Border Die.  I added a touch of shading to all the edges of the card using Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. I used the die cut shape left from cutting out the aperture at the front to the inside of the tent card.
I added background stamping to the back panel using the background stamp from the Vintage Fashion stamp set, stamping with Ground Espresso Distress Ink and I then added the elegant lady over the top of the background stamping using Black Archival Ink. The little Union Jack Flag is from the Loverly London stamp set; applying Distress Markers Faded Jeans and Fired Brick directly to the stamp and then stamping onto the background. I also added machine stitching for added interest and texture.
The Correspondence Paper Stash also had a Union Jack design so I stamped three of the bodice images onto the paper and cut out; adding to thicker card to make them more sturdy and then added them to the tent card.  I also added one of the sentiments to the inside, stamped onto white card and coloured with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. Adding delicate splatters of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Cadmium Red Hue.
I added the 'Fashion' text to the inside of the tent card again stamped onto Correspondence Paper. I added delicate splatters of Cadmium Red Hue to the inside panel, I love the pops of red.
I added LONDON to the inside panel using the stamp from the Loverly London stamp set and I also added a touch more random machine stitching. I also added scratchy lines of paint using an old credit card for added interest.
I added two more of the small Union Jacks to the outside of the tent card.


I would like to add this to the Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge which this month is Anything Goes as long as you use a stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


11 comments:

Pamellia said...

Amazing tent card Tracy! I just love the shape of it, it has such an authentic feel to it! Great stamp set and you have showcased it so well here! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow - this could be a window in the old Selfridge Department Store in London - totally reminds me of ones I have seen on Mr. Selfridge (PBS). What fabulous inspiration - and a tent card too.... INCREDIBLY wonderful Tracy. j.

Corrie Herriman said...

Love this, Tracy ! But then I love everything you make !
Corrie x

Sandie said...

Love it!! I'm not familiar with a tent card - I'm off to look that up!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic project Tracy! Love all the dressforms! How fun would that be to attend that event?!

A Pink said...

A really fabulous Card ! Tracy . Wonderful design and composition and love the the vintage yet contemporary feel it has . A fab way to showcase those beautiful stamps x

Annie said...

Love your tent card Tracy and the beautiful stamp set from AO.
Wonderful details and I love the layers

TFS Annie x

Words and Pictures said...

The image looks really cool on the grid paper... I didn't know about tent cards, but it looks great.
Alison xx

Gio said...

I love this 3d cards, so unique, and the design is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful card, LOVE the red splatters...

Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge !

xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Linda said...

What a fabulous design .... great looking stamps too. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx