Tuesday 10 November 2015

Eileen Hull Art With Heart Challenge - New Release

Welcome to my second post of the month for Eileen Hull's Art With Heart Challenge and this month we have something special....a new release! You can find the whole release HERE. Our Challenge this month is A STITCH IN TIME and you can intepret in anyway you like.
The new products are due for release in November 2015. I decided to incorporate my pieces into an altered embroidery hoop.
I began by adding hessian fabric to my hoop and also added the die cut Embroidery Hoop from Eileen Hull.
I also die cut a dress from calico fabric which I altered slightly to fit my embroidery hoop. I coloured the calico lightly with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added a touch of stamping using the Vintage Fashion stamp set from Artistic Outpost. I then used one of the dies from the Chevron Stitchlits set to die cut the holes from the fabric. Prior to doing any die cutting from the fabric I did paint the reverse with a coat of Gesso to prevent the fabric from fraying too much. I left one set of the holes in tact, to just add a pattern/design to the fabric and added stitching to the other two rows.
The die cut Embroidery Hoop was coloured with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, applying the ink to a non-stick craft sheet and then spritzing with water and picking up the ink with the die cut piece and then drying with a heat tool. I then dipped the hoop into any remaining ink and dried once again. I also applied Distress Ink to the edges of the hoop for definition. Tissue Tape adds a touch more interest to the design. I used the Chevron Stitchlits die once again to add detail and stitching.
I then began to layer my pieces together. I added the die cut Embroidery Hoop and my dress to the larger wooden Embroidery Hoop. I also added delicate splatters of Carbon Black DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic to the design for added interest.
Three small wooden spools were added for texture and dimension and I also added some stamping to the outside circle of the die cut Embroidery Hoop.
The sentiment is from the Artistic Outpost Vintage Fashion stamp set which I thought was the perfect fit for this piece.
I added vintage buttons to the hoop, stitched in place along with more layers of Tissue Tape.
I love the texture of this piece achieved from all the layers added to the design.
A few more random stitches complete my design.

http://www.eileenhull.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x x

11 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Brilliant releases used fabulously here Tracy. Let's hope they actually reach the UK!!! Jenny x

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Tracy, I can't believe you altered a fabric hoop, genius! I love all the real stitching you added and the little spools are brilliant! hugs :)

Redanne said...

For someone who does not sew very often you have done THE most amazing job here with Eileen's new dies Tracy! Fabulous design, wonderful stitching - I just love everything about this creation! Hugs, Anne xx

Corrie Herriman said...

This is such a fun project. Fantastic !
Corrie x

Candy C said...

So cute, Tracy. Love the little spools that you have added to an already wonderful design. The embroidery hoop is darling. Love the buttons, too. And your use of Tim's ruler tissue tape with the cross stitches is so clever. Love it all!

eileen hull said...

This is a stitched art piece Tracy! And that sentiment stamp was exactly on target. Love how you used the Stitchlits on the dress to fancy it up. Beautiful!

hazel said...

I love what you've done with the embroidery hoop - it's fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Diana said...

i believe i have already said it but i absolutely love this.. it is an amazing piece!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun 'sewing' project Tracy! love the two hoops!

Words and Pictures said...

So cool to use the embroidery frame for this fashion-themed piece, Tracy. I love the soft sepia tones and black accenting with the tissue tape, and the dress is so cute.
Alison xx

Jean Bullock said...

Way cool!