Sunday 15 November 2015

Fabulous!

Morning, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Love to Create Challenge Blog where the theme is Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.
Still loving my Autumnal tones this week. A brayered backdrop using DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Vermillion, Yellow Green Light and Cadmium Red Hue.
I placed the Tim Holtz Eye Chart Stencil onto the backdrop and then applied Orange and Permanent Red PanPastels over the stencil and then sprayed lightly with hairspray to fix the pastels. I then placed a die cut heart onto the background and blended Magenta PanPastel around the die cut and once again fixed the pastel with hairspray.
I added rusty wire around the heart for added texture and also included delicate splatters and painted circles stamped with a lid using DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Carbon Black.  To add further texture, I painted the heart with DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze and then applied a touch of Raw Umber Antiquing Cream to highlight the fine cracks.
I love adding shading with the PanPastels, so easy to apply.  I also added two hearts created with Liquid Fimo for added interest.
A stamped sentiment and tiny staples add further interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/





8 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Tracy!! I love your wonderful mix of colours and textures! You are really inspiring me to pull out the fabulous rusty wire you sent me and get back to grungy media!! Love those little acrylic hearts and the green really pops! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Ok Tracy - I'm going to be really self=centered and say.... "You made this just for me... right???!!!!!!" I mean... Hello!!!! - it's orange... it crackles... it has rusty metal... and FABULOUS... oh YES... you know that's my favorite word to use in comments on blogs so.............. I'm just sure this was made with me in mind!!!!! Hehheheheheheheheheehhe!!!

Seriously - YES SERIOUSLY... this REALLY IS........... FABULOUS. The colors just made my morning perfect. WONDERFUL creativity here. Thanks bunches - so inspiring. j.

Redanne said...

Another wonderful card Tracy, the background colours are so warm and beautiful and I just adore the rusty heart and the gorgeous crackle. Joi (above) is right, it is fabulous! Anne xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous indeed !
Corrie x

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card indeed! The splatters, the crackle and the use of the rusty wire, I love rusty wire but never would have thought to use it in such a clever way!
Wishes
Lynne

A Pink said...

Gorgeous crackle ! Tracy and the liquid fimo looks fab - not seen or heard of that before. Love the use of the stark black Acrylic too - really helps to make your elements pop . x

megote said...

quel magnifique travail!!!
c'est beau riche séduisant joyeux
bravo!!

Words and Pictures said...

Big wow for the layered brayered colours here, the wire heart and the fabulous book page hearts too... liquid Fimo you say?!
Alison xx