Sunday 8 November 2015

Outside Your Comfort Zone

Morning, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Love to Create Challenge Blog where the theme is Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.
This week I thought I would use one of my Stampotique images by Kate Crane combined with my PanPastels. The background has been coloured with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Turquoise Hue and Yellow Green Light; blending the colours with a baby wipe and then drying with a heat tool.
I then placed the Tim Holtz Splotches stencil onto the background and applied Orange and touches of Permanent Red PanPastels over the stencil and then sprayed lightly with hairspray to set the pastels.
I added a touch more shading around the stencilled areas applying Phthalo Green and Turquoise Shade, blending a little further with my finger. I stamped the Stampotique image onto white card with Black Archival Ink and then coloured with my Polychromo pencils. I added a touch of shading around the image so that it does not blend into the backdrop. Tissue Tape grounds the image and adds touches of texture to the design. The sentiment is also a Stampotique stamp.
I added scratchy paint lines and painty circles using Carbon Black DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic and added delicate splatters of Titanium White Fluid Acrylic. To add a further layer of interest I added delicate stamping using a Tim Holtz background stamp and Watering Can Archival Ink. I also added shading around the edges with PanPastel Black Coarse Pearl Medium.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Tracy, love ♥ your creation, she is gorgeous. Hope you are well. xxxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fun and creative, love it!!

hazel said...

This is wonderful Tracy, love the colours.
xxx Hazel.

Pamellia said...

This one really made me smile this morning Tracy! What a super fun card and I love that you used bright and cheery colours but still gave it a touch of a vintage feel! Well done! hugs :)

Candy C said...

This is so cute, Tracy! I love the colors you used. Such a cute stamp and love your design. Really really cute.

Corrie Herriman said...

So lovely !
Corrie xx

Lou Sims said...

Adore this Tracy and love the quote; one I should remember more often. Lou x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Tracy. This sure made me smile, love it! You can feel the fun in it, and l looove the words too.
Dot x

Anonymous said...

What stands out is that this card still has an essence of vintage to it which is so beautiful and unexpected when it comes to Stampotique stamped artwork.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

I've given in to the Splotches after watching you and Anna-Karin play with them! I love the bold contrasting colours here and the fab mixed media effects, layering all those mediums for real depth and detail. Love the colouring of the Kate Crane bunny too.
Alison xx

Clare said...

Love this! You're so good at mixed-media!! Great colouring too!

Billie A said...

I love this. The image is so cute and the color choices are wonderful. Love all the details.

Redanne said...

Oh I do love that Kate Crane Bunny, she is adorable and you have created one of your masterpiece backgrounds for her - the colours and splotches look wonderful. Apologies for my latness... Hugs, Anne xx