Thursday 19 November 2015

Fashioned Embroidery Hoop

I am showcasing the fabulous Vintage Fashion stamp set once again from Artistic Outpost.
I decided to do an altered embroidery hoop this week, which I thought was a perfect fit for the imagery and once again I have gone for a UK/London theme. The background is a piece of Tim Holtz Correspondence Paper Stash which I added to a thicker piece of card to make it more rigid and able to take any paint and sprays I added in the next stages. I then spritzed the background lightly with Hickory Smoke Distress Spray Stain and dried with a heat tool. The embroidery hoop itself was painted with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Dark Grey Value 3 and I then added delicate splatters and scratches with an old credit card using DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Cadmium Red Hue.
I added some Correspondence Tissue Tape across the centre of the panel for a further layer of interest and added a small stamped Union Jack from the Loverly London stamp set, which I coloured with Distress Markers Faded Jeans and Fired Brick Distress Markers; applying them directly to the stamp.
I stamped the background stamp from the Vintage Fashion stamp set onto a piece of Correspondence Paper Stash using Ground Espresso Distress Ink and then over stamped with the elegant lady in Black Archival Ink and then dried with my heat tool. I added the stamped piece to a Tim Holtz Foundary Frame which I coloured randomly with my finger using Cadmium Red Hue Fluid Acrylic and dried with a heat tool.
LONDON text from the Loverly London stamp set was stamped on to the background panel; adding the text Fashion below from the Vintage Fashion stamp set, both stamped with Black Archival Ink. I added delicate splatters of Cadmium Red Hue to the background along with more scratchy lines.
The three bodice images were stamped onto Correspondence paper, cut out and added to the hoop; adding shading around each bodice with a Hickory Smoke Distress Marker; scribbling the marker onto a non-stick craft sheet and picking up the ink with a water brush.
I love how all the layers are visible below all the paints and inks and papers.



Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x x


7 comments:

Redanne said...

Beautiful work Tracy, I always love it when you use embroidery hoops and the London theme is brilliant! Hugs, Anne xx

A Pink said...

Fabulous altered e- hoop! Tracy Love how you've linked the Vintage fashion stamp set with a Brit/ London theme.
The splatters and scratches are a great way to accent the whole piece .
Love it xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Great altered hoop, Tracy !
Corrie x

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project Tracy! Love the vintage dress forms and mix of fun patterned papers! Hope you have a great weekend!

Pamellia said...

Brilliant Tracy!! I love the London theme you used and the splashes of red are so perfect! Another fabulous altered embroidery hoop, you are so crafty my friend! hugs :)

Deb said...

Amazing Tracy, the correspondence papers are the perfect backdrop to these wonderful stamps! Deb xo

Words and Pictures said...

Scrumptious grungy look to this fab hoop, Tracy - I love the layered stamping and the frame looks amazing in the middle.
Alison xx