Friday 3 August 2018

Artsy Butterfly Card

Welcome, today I have a card using one of my favourite colour palettes, combining paints with my A4 Layered Grunge Stamp and my butterfly stamp set along with Olga's Patches Stamp Set all available from AALLandCreate stockists which you can find HERE.
 I love using these two colours together, turquoise and lime (Dina Wakley paints). I applied the paints to a Gelli Plate and then placed Autour de Mwa's stencil #30 onto the Plate, ensured good contact and then removed the stencil and placed a piece of white card and copier paper onto the Plate and took the print. I used both the copier paper piece and the white card prints for my background and they lined up beautifully and I was able to add dimension this way by adding black ink around the edges of the white card and lifting it a little from the copier paper print.
I added a wooden heart again which I stencilled some detail onto the background using the same stencil. I coloured the heart with the same paints and then applied Black Archival Ink over the stencil. My butterfly takes centre stage on the heart.
I added some random background stamping using my A4 Layered Grunge Stamp along with Olga's Patches Stamp Set.
I incorported one of Tim Holtz metal embellishments to the centre of my butterfly for added dimension and also added some delicate splatters of red paint. I also added some stamping to the butterfly wing, again using my A4 Stamp.
I included a couple of Tim Holtz Index Clip for a further element of interest.
I adore all the layers on this card and my trademark cotton threads add even further texture to the design.
Thanks so much for stopping by. The stamps and stencil I incorporated in this design are shown below.




Tracy

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.





11 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Tracy this really is a beautiful composition and each time I see these colours I always think of you. You can tell how much you love them as your displays are full of desire to design.
I love how you use your trade mark threads so freely, I always end up gluing mine down or tucking them under. The embellished Butterfly is so inspiring.
Thank you for sharing, wishing you a bright and creative weekend.
Hugs Tracey xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous brights and perfect composition - I'm so out of the loop, but I love your new butterflies, and the metal accents here are great.
Alison x

Paper Wishes said...

It is interesting to see the stamps used in two projects creating such different projects. I love the way you use the black thread like a real extension of the thin sketchy lines in the stamped images, really effective, thanks for sharing. x

Fliss said...

Such a wonderfully cool creation Tracy. The background is just fabulous and the butterfly and dangly threads are a perfect finishing touch.
Fliss xx

Mary Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous colors. Love your stamping and that stencil (coveting!). They make such a great backdrop for that lovely butterfly. Wow! great metal accent on the body. :). Mary Elizabeth

Dorthe said...

Your gorgeous butterfly , so lovely attached to the heart, on your wonderful background, Tracy .
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Gorgeous card! Great combo of colors, stamping and stenciling. So many fabulous layers!

Redanne said...

When I see this colour combo I always think of you Tracy and those spatters of red really do pop beautifully on your gorgeous card. I love how you used little parts of your A4 stamp, it creates some lovely interest! I did so enjoy your FB Live too and led me to search the internet to find one of those cycle oilers, happily I found one! You are such an Enabler!! Hugs, Anne xx

craftytrog said...

Wow Tracy! This is gorgeous! I love the images and those colours!
Happy weekend,
Alison xxx

Jackie PN said...

Bright and happy and could/should be a larger canvas! just saying...
Love love your card Tracy!
Jackie xo

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Tracey, I love these citrus colours xx