Friday 17 August 2018

Embrace Imperfection

Welcome, today I have a mixed media card. I used my A6 Heart Stamp Set from AALLandCreate, combined with Autour de Mwa's stencil. You can find a list of our stockists HERE.
I loved creating this card and experimenting with adding black to my background, quite a challenge but I love how it turned out.
I added layers of paint with my Brayer and I used Dina Wakley's Night, Turqoise and Lime paints.
I added further layers with Autour de Mwa's stencil, applying Archival Ink over the stencil and a further layer with texture paste.
I love how from this picture you can clearly see all the layered elements.
I added splatters of paint and incorporated my sentiment from the Heart Set along with some edges from a watercolour pad to add further texture.
I love how this piece came together and I will experiment further with adding layers of black.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

These are the products I used in my card:

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.

9 comments:

A Pink said...

Love this one! Tracy. You will have probably guessed by now I'm a big fan of adding and using 'black' so naturally drawn to this one when I saw it .
hugs x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous piece Tracy I know what you mean about Black being scary, I always blame my Art Teacher for this as he would not let us ever use it saying it was *Not* a colour but at times it can be an essential piece of the jigsaw.
Look forward to seeing more with it's use as it's really defined and gave depth. Awesome.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Absolutely stunning ! love it !
Corrie xxx

Redanne said...

I definitely love how it worked out too, the black is so complimentary to the design, I love the hearts and the stencilling is wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

Helen said...

I love this!! the colours are gorgeous together and your new stamps are going on the list!

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card love the shade of green (my favourite colour green)great stencil and stamps
Carol x

Kate Yetter said...

SO pretty! I am loving those heart balloons and the white contrast next to that green.

craftytrog said...

Stunning!!! xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Absolutely wonderful use of colour! Chrisx