Friday 10 August 2018

Artsy Needle Book

Welcome to my weekly post for AALLandCreate. Today I am combining my A4 stamp and heart stamp with Eileen Hull's Needle Book Die.

You can find a list of our stockists for the AALLandCreate stamps HERE.
I love creating miniature pieces and Eileen's Needle Book die is perfect. I began by die cutting my piece from mountboard and then brayering paints onto my substrate, in this case Distress Paints Peeled Paint and Twisted Citron.

I used my A4 Layered Grunge stamp and my heart stamps for this piece and they worked beautifully together.
I created an accordion for the Needle Book and machine stitched around the outside edges for added extra texture.
I added lots of stamped layers including second generation stamping to my DREAM text so that it acted as a shadow in the background. I also added texture, applying texture paste through Autour de Mwa' stencil.
This is the stencil I used to add that much needed texture to the background.
I love using greens in my artwork, they are so fresh and uplifting. I also added numbers in the background stamped using my A4 Layered Grunge stamp set.
Book page hearts and delicate splatters of paint add further interrest to my design.
I also incorporated some delicate splatters of white paint.
From this picture you can just make out the second generation stamping in the background.
Finally the back of my needle book.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.

9 comments:

Jackie PN said...

Such a sweet piece! I love working small as well- not exactly sure why, but it really does satisfy!
Happy weekend dear Tracy!
Jackie xo

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Fabulous! So many great photos to show your process. Love it!

eileen hull said...

Love seeing how you work Tracy- you always know what needs to go where to make the project just perfect ❤️ This Needle Book is gorgeous!

Fliss said...

This is so beautiful Tracy. A gorgeous die and your artwork is amazing. Love this!
Fliss xx

Redanne said...

So beautiful Tracy, great colour choice, love the stamping and stencilling and the accordion works so well for the inside. Love the stitching too! Hugs, Anne xx

Kate Yetter said...

I love your needle book. Love that green!
Kate

Amanda said...

That green is so lush, what a beautiful project
Love
Amanda x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Tracy, really lovely xx

craftytrog said...

I really love that green! A gorgeous little book Tracy!
Alison xxx