Monday 13 August 2018

Mixed Media Embroidery Hoop - Flower Heads

Welcome, today I have an altered embroidery hoop for you. I used my A4 Layered Grunge stamp set from AALLandCreate, combined with my A6 Quirky Blossoms Stamp Set. You can find a list of our stockists HERE.
I love altering embroidery hoops, a real alternative to obvious substrates and they are fun to decorate too.
I stamped my Layered Grunge stamp in its entirety onto a piece of white card using Distress Oxide Inks Candied Apple and Faded Jeans. I used my Misti Stamping Platform for this to ensure I had a good impression and it worked beautifully.
I added the stamped background to my embroidery hoop and then stamped my Quirky Blossoms onto a piece of card coloured with Distress Oxide Ink. I then adhered the flowers to the background and added the quirky faces to the top of the flowers, hence the title Flower Heads.
I added some delicate splatters of paint to the background and from this picture you can see the two tone stamping.
The hoop itself was painted with Gesso and then a coat of Distress Paint. I also added some background stamping, again using my A4 Layered Grunge stamp and also incorporated some delicate splatters of paint to coordinate with the background.
The background stamping has also had a layer of clear embossing powder applied for added texture.
The clay heads themselves have been painted with Distress Paints and wiped back to give a vintage feel.
Some cotton threads complete my piece.

Below are the products used in this piece.




Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.

8 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Simply GORGEOUS!

Dorthe said...

Yes it is Tracy,- gorgeous, the colors are fantastic, and your stamp looks wonderful as background for the flowerheads - lov e you also stamped onto the frame . <3 <3

A Pink said...

Fabulous! Tracy. Lovely showcasing of some of your stamps. The little flower heads give it real character .
Hugs Amanda xx

p.s. Apologies for not having been to visit much recently despite having all good intentions to. Life hey! I would try to catch up but I know you have posted so much that it would take me a while and it wouldn't be fair on you and your art to just rush through each post so as of today I will aim to visit as you post - pinky promise . Hope that will be ok xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great mixed media project and fabulous stamps
Carol x

Jane Wetzel said...

I am crazy in love with this!

Redanne said...

Tracy, I love this wonderful creation! I always love when you use these faces and how clever to put them on the flowers, they look amazing. Love the hoop too! Hugs, Anne xx

Annie said...

Fabulous details here on your hoop Tracy xx The background is fabulous but those sweet flower heads are so clever !!

Sending best wishes
Annie xx

Kate Yetter said...

THis is so cool Tracy! I love the idea of creating art in an embroidery hoop. And of course I love those faces and your label.
Kate