Monday 30 July 2018

Embrace The Journey

Back to a piece of vintage this time around with an Etcetera Tag using my A4 Layered Grunge Stamp, my Border Stamp which you can find HERE and my butterfly stamp which you can find HERE. All available from our stockists listed on the AALLandCreate website HERE.
I began by applying a layer of Gesso and then a random layer of Crackle Paste and allowed the Crackle Paste to dry naturally. I then layered Distress Paints to give a vintage feel to my tag. I applied Distress Crayon around the edges to age further.
I added a wooden heart which I covered randomly with Texture Paste and again allowed to dry naturally. I stamped my butterfly onto vintage music pages and also incorporated a rusty nail for added dimension.
Cotton threads add further texture to the design. I also incorporated a Tim Holtz Frame along with my sentiment from the butterfly stamp set.
I added some background stamping using my Border and A4 Stamps.
I painted the frame with Tumbled Glass Distress Paint and then added some wax to highlight the detail.
Delicate splatters of black and white paint offer further layers of interest. Loving the random layer of crackle.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Below are the stamps used in my tag.





Tracy x x

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.


10 comments:

Redanne said...

This took me right back to the class you taught at That's Crafty (I know it is not the same), with the wonderful vintage look, neutral tones and gorgeous butterfly - I love it!! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This really is a beauty Tracey, subtle tones with hidden gems to explore. Always full of wonderful things to discover within each piece.
Thank you for sharing.. Hugs Tracey xx

Dorthe said...

Dear Tracy , this is so very,very beautiful. I simply adore it!!!
Hugs Dorthe xx

Paper Wishes said...

These stamps are so good at adding energy to a subdued colour palette. love the butterfly on the sheet music.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Just gorgeous Tracy. It makes my vintage heart glad :) . Mary Elizabeth

Mia said...

A fabulous tag, Tracy. Gorgeous design and lovely colours. A beautiful piece of mixed art. Kisses, my friend.

hazel said...

A stunning tag Tracy, I love how you’ve put all the elements together.
xxx Hazel.

craftytrog said...

Simply stunning Tracy! Love this tag so much!
Alison xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Utterly gorgeous - colours which make my heart sing, and those layered embellishments are simply wonderful.
Alison x

Jackie PN said...

Tracy, this palette is gorgeous and soothing!The soft and muted colors bring out the stamps and elements that much more! Stunning!
Jackie xo