Monday 16 July 2018

Butterfly Canvas

Today I have a canvas for you using my stamps from AALLandCreate. You can find a lits of Stockists HERE.
For this piece my butterfly is the focal image set against a wondefully textural background. You can find my butterfly stamp set HERE.

I opted for a canvas this time around painting the background with Buff Acrylic Paint by Dina Wakley, I adore this colour especially combined with the Sedona used at the bottom of my canvas.
I added lots of texture to the bottom of my canvas, applying texture paste over Kassa's stencil #18 which I have highlighted further by rubbing back some of the paint to give a vintage feel and scribbling a Stabilo All pencil around the edges of each letter.
I stamped my butterfly into clay which worked fabulously and all the detail from the stamp still remained visible, I was so pleased. I allowed the clay butterfly to air dry before any painting.
I also incorporated a wooden heart, applying Texture Paste over the heart, applying over Autour de Mwa's stencil #21 to add even more texture to my piece. I painted the heart with a coat of Buff Paint, dried this layer with a Heat Tool and then applied a light layer of Sedona Acrylic Paint, dried lightly and then wiped back some of the paint.
I incorporated some background stamping to my canvas, using my A4 Layered Grunge stamp and also included some cotton threads, vintage pen nib and a quote chip. I also added a further clay piece using a Prima Mould.




These are the products I have used for my piece.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.


7 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

So beautiful and I love the clay butterfly! WOW!

Redanne said...

The butterfly looks amazing stamped into the clay, I love the Sedona colour in the background and the texture you have created is wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

Amanda said...

Love the striking combo of the red and neutral colour, looks great Tracy
Love
Amanda X

Kate Yetter said...

Love that background texture and the way you distressed it. Beautiful!
Kate

craftytrog said...

Fabulous texture! I love this piece Tracy! Xxx

Annie said...

what a treasure Tracy x Wonderful background and the clay pieces look amazing !!

TFS and hugs
Annie x

Jackie PN said...

Oh I just love this one! Your use of clay and the pen point- right on!!
Beautiful,my friend! xoxo