Friday 20 July 2018

Trust Your Wings

Welcome, today I have a canvas showcasing my stamps from AALLandCreate. A list of stockists is available HERE.
I opted to return to my love of all things vintage this time around. I began by applying Texture Paste randomly to my canvas and then applying Paste once again over Carol and Co's stencil #23. This double layer of Paste really adds wonderful texture and dimension to the piece.
I stamped my butterfly into a piece of air drying clay and then aged with paints, I love how the detail is still visible when stamped into clay.
I also added some clay faces to my piece to add further interest. My canvas has been painted with Dina Wakley Buff Paint along with highlights of Frayed Burlap Distress Paint to age.
I added cotton threads and a rusty nail for added texture. I also incorporated a sentiment from my butterfly stamp set.
I added some layered stamping using my A4 Layered Grunge Stamp along with Olga's Patches Stamp Set.
I continued to add more layered stamping and also incorporated some delicate splatters of white paint.
I added a touch of stamping to the side of my canvas and aged the edges further with a Distress Crayon.
Each of my clay pieces has been aged with Ground Espresso Distress Paint.
Below are the products used in this canvas.







The butterfly stamp can be purchased HERE.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.









8 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Wow Tracey!! This is an amazing canvas. Love the use of clay and the dimensionality you achieved with the paint. Gorgeous grunginess! Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

Amanda said...

Fabulous canvas Tracy, great textures.
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love those Vintage tones, your Butterfly stamp looks magnificent stamped into clay. The rusty nail embellishes it perfectly. Fabulous canvas.
Creative wishes Tracey xx

Etsuko said...

Stunning canvas Tracy. Love the clay how you used texture. xx

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeous!! I love the distressed faces and the addition of that rusty nail. This one is one of my favorites so far!
Kate

Jackie PN said...

Perfect marriage of colors, stamps and embellishments! Beautiful!
Hugs,Jackie xx

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Love this grungy, vintage piece. I think I may have to try playing with some clay...

Redanne said...

Your love of vintage really does shine through on this gorgeous piece Tracy, I love the neutral colours and your butterfly is beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx