Sunday 25 October 2015

Halloween Coffin

Morning, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Love to Create Challenge Blog where the theme is Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.
We are approaching Halloween so it only seemed appropriate to create something to celebrate!
 I began by sticking a plastic skeleton onto my cardboard coffin box and allowing to dry completely.
I then die cut pieces of  Iron Gate from black card using Tim Holtz Sizzix Iron Gate On the Edge Die and adhered them to the coffin, adding pieces of the die cuts around the whole outside bottom edge of the coffin. I then painted the whole box inside and out with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Carbon Black and allowed to dry completely.
I added a witches hat to my skeleton along with a spider from Tim Holtz Alpha Parts along with some plastic chain for added dimension.
I applied VersaMark Ink to all the areas of my Coffin and then applied Rich Gold, Light Gold and Bronze PanPastels to the box, blending the colours with a soft art sponge, applying more colour where necessary.
I also added touches of Metallic PanPastels to the hat and spider. I then took some time to apply Black Coarse Pearl Medium PanPastel randomly around the box and then added touches of Silver PanPastel to add further to the metallic/aged metal look. I also included seasonal ChitChat Stickers, applying Black Coarse Pearl Medium PanPastel to the edges of each sticker.
To seal the PanPastels I sprayed lightly with Hairspray.

I would like to enter this piece into the DecoArt Mixed Media Haunts Challenge along with the Emerald Creek Dares Halloween Special.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/



28 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

Stunning

Barbara said...

I'm speechless! This is one of most beautiful and spooky Halloween project that I've seen in this period!!! Amazing texture and design! Fabulous! Barbarayaya

Sandra said...

Ow wow, Tracy! This coffin is amazing! Love the witch skeleton on top of it! It looks amazing! And that chain! So spooky! Hugs, Sandra

Amanda said...

Utterly Stunning, best Halloween piece I've seen this year!
Love
Amanda x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely FABULOSA! You have knocked my Oct coffin right off the shelf, I LOVE what you have done here Tracy! BRILLIANT! Karen.x

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic! So creepy and cool!

Beverly Gray said...

That is awesome!

Carol Q said...

I need one of those Tracy. just fab!

A Pink said...

Fantastic! Tracy Great use of the on the edge die . Love the aged metal look you've achieved with the pan pastels . Your Love of Halloween is clear to see . x

kassa said...

Sooooo beautiful - swooning over here :-)))
Mwah xoxoxo

Words and Pictures said...

One word - fabulous!
Alison xx

Mary Elizabeth said...

Oh wow Tracy! Love the metallics and your fantastic use of black. It really give such texture to the piece. Seriously creepy -- well done! -- Mary Elizabeth

Claire said...

Wow those metallic Pans look amazing, it looks just like old metal. Love it
Claire xx

Ink Art Designs said...

ooh I do love this coffin!
Dot x

Lesley said...

So love this piece. Have to ask......what has the skelly got in his hand? I'm wanting it to be a gun. :)

Jools Robertson said...

Amazing, love how you have done the skellie
Would never have thought to use Pans like this, going dig mine out!
Jools x

Marjie Kemper said...

Verrrrry creepy and cool all at once! Love how you used that on-the-edge die on the sides.

Anonymous said...

Fabulously eerie!
Incredible make-over of that plastic skeleton! The colours are remarkable and add to the eerie quality of the overall piece of art and I love the humour of adding the hat.
Wishes
Lynne

Sandie said...

Fabulous Tracey, never thought you could use pan pasdtels in this way

Redanne said...

Completely amazing Tracy, the skeleton looks like he has been embedded into the coffin - spooky, eerie and totally wonderful!! Anne xxx

Unknown said...

Super Cool! I love that the skeleton looks like he's part of the coffin!

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love the skeleton! It looks like he's part of the coffin lid! The coloring on everything is amazing! Thanks for sharing with us over at Emerald Creek Dares Tricks or Treats Challenge!

Marci said...

Fabulously horrific!

Karon said...

Oh my goodness - this is amazing! Love your attention to detail! Thanks for joining us for our Tricks and Treats Halloween Emerald Creek Dares Challenge

Karon DT

Juliz Design Post said...

This is such a cool project, stunning in every way and your shading with the pastels is superb.....love love love.
Julie x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Brilliant and creepy cool make!!! LOVE how it looks like the skeleton is embedded into the box! FUN!!!

Unknown said...

Stunning! When I first looked at it i thought the skeleton was somehow embossed right into the coffin. Absolutely incredible depth of colour as well.
Thanks for sharing it and joining is at the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge
~~julia~~

Katelyn said...

Wow your coffin is amazing! I love how you got all of the different colouring on your coffin!