Wednesday 28 October 2015

"Go Team"

Today I am showcasing one of the new releases from Artistic Outpost, the Go Team stamp set. The Artistic Outpost Design Team are all creating with the new release this week and we have a fun Blog Hop to inspire you.
I began by painting my background with London Bus Fresco Finish Paint and drying with my heat tool. I then applied Fresco Finish Crackle Glaze and again dried with my heat tool until I had a matt finish and I then applied a final coat of Little Black Dress and the cracks appear almost immediately. Whilst the paint was still wet I rubbed away some of the areas with a piece of kitchen towel to age my piece a little.
Once my layers of paint were completely dry I then applied a random coat of Gesso to the centre of the card and dried with my heat tool.
I stamped the young boy with Black Archival Ink onto the Gesso area and then dried with my heat tool. I then stamped the same image onto a piece of scrap paper, cut it out to create a mask and placed the mask onto the focal image and then stamped the background image, once again with Black Archival Ink and dried with my heat tool. I added touches of red to the boy using my Polychromo pencils. I added "Go Team" to a twig which I painted lightly with paint and then adhered to the card.
To add further interest I added scratchy lines using an old credit card and London Bus Fresco Finish Paint along with a few splatters of paint.

My fellow team members have created wonderful pieces to inspire you along the blog hop:



Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



8 comments:

Sandra said...

This is such a spooky card, Tracy! Love the drama effect of the crackled black with red. Hugs, Sandra

Terry said...

Oh I love that black and red crackle effect with the "Go Team." Tracy, this really is one cool card! Love the red splats as well!

Anonymous said...

Fabulously dramatic! The texture of the crackle effect is fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a cool card Tracy! So creative and artistic!

Redanne said...

The Gesso background looks fantastic on top of the amazing crackle Tracy - full of drama, I love it! Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

The black on red crackle finish is beautiful! Love it!
~~julia~~

Words and Pictures said...

This is definitely spooky... it seems as though there was some long-ago tragedy at the stadium... I would rather not bump in to that little chap on a dark night - I'm pretty sure he's a ghost!
Alison xx

Deb said...

Love it Shelly, amazing texture and a striking colour palette! Deb xo