Sunday 4 October 2015

Adventure Awaits

Morning, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Love to Create Challenge Blog where the theme is Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.
I decided to opt for a masculiine card this week using my favourite PanPastels, the Metallics.
I cut a panel from black card and then embossed with an embossing folder. I then applied VersaMark Ink directly to the embossed card and then dabbed the card with Rich Gold, Light Gold, and Bronze PanPastels and then blended with a PanPastel Art Sponge, adding more PanPastels as desired until I achieved the depth I required. I then added Silver PanPastel lightly over the embossed raised areas and then sprayed lightly with hairspray to seal the Pastels.
I die cut a Pocket Watch Frame from white card and then coloured the die cut piece with Vintage Photo Distress Inl, applying the ink directly to a non-stick craft sheet and then spritzing with water and mopping up the beads of ink with the die cut and then drying with a heat tool. I then dabbed the die cut piece into any remaining ink to add a further layer and then once again dried with a heat tool. PanPastel  Black Coarse Pearl Medium was applied around the edges of the die cut for definition. Numbers were stamped onto the background of the die cut piece using a background stamp from Tim Holtz Merchantile Stamp Set, using Vintage Photo Distress Ink, for a tone on tone effect. I then stamped the focal image with Black Archival Ink. I added a Monocle for added interest along with a found token and Remnant Rubs. I also included two old rusty pen nibs for further interest.
Rusty wire has been added around the outside edge of the die cut piece and stapled into place. I also included Tissue Tape added randomly around the background.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/

7 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Fabulous design and textures.
Julie x

Corrie Herriman said...

Love all the texture and how you used the Pan Pastels ! Gorgeous !
Corrie x

Redanne said...

You always do such beautiful work with the Pan Pastels and I really, really love the metallics. Love how you used the monocle too! Hugs, Anne xx

Anonymous said...

In agreement with Anne. I have never tried Pan Pastels are for some reason they slightly intimidate me!
Beautiful the way you used the pocket watch as a frame and as always, such attention to detail.
Wishes
Lynne
Thank you so much for your lovely words on my heart resin pendant.

Unknown said...

Love the charm hanging from the monocle - so imaginative! Really wonderful creation. Gorgeous background. j.

Sandy said...

I am now subscribing to your blog and am I ever glad. Tracy - you makes some pretty special cards and projects! I am going to have fun on your blog!!
Sandy xx

Words and Pictures said...

A great masculine card - love the rivets in the background and you are the queen of the monocle!
Alison xx