Thursday 15 October 2015

Christmas Robin

Time for my weekly post for Artistic Outpost.
I have another Christmas card for you this week, I hope working ahead will make it a little less of a rush nearer to the Christmas season! I applied Drawing Gum randomly to my background and allowed to dry. I then applied water to the card with a paintbrush and then dipped my paintbrush into Brushos and dipped into the wet areas on my card, I then moved the card around to allow the ink to run and then dried with my heat tool. I then rubbed away the Drawing Gum; any ink resists the Gum.
I then stamped the Robin from the Birds of a Feather stamp set onto the background using Potting Soil Archival Ink. To add further interest I added stencilled stars randomly to the background using Fired Brick Distress Ink and the Stars Layering Stencil.
I added touches of background stamping using the background stamp from the Ephemera Backgrounds stamp set. I then stamped the sentiment 'Happy Christmas' from the Snowy Woods stamp set. To add a further layer of interest I added delicate splatters of Tarnished Brass Distress Paint.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


10 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love the touch of non-traditional pink which brings this Christmas robin singing to life - fabulous card!
Alison xx

Terry said...

What a great Christmas card, Tracy! The AO robin makes such a unique and adorable twist for a Christmas image! Love the background as well!

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Always love Christmas cards that are out of the norm and unique. And I especially love this one because... guess what... we didn't have any Robin's here at the ranch this year. Not a one. It was so very very very strange. They just by passed us somehow! So love this card Tracy. j.

Gery said...

This realy is a beautiful and lovely different Christmas card.
I love it.
Groetjes Gery

Corrie Herriman said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas card !
Corrie x

Redanne said...

The effect you created with the gum and the Brushos looks wonderful and I just love the stars. The lovely little bird looks so lovely against your beautiful background! Hugs, Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, the different layers of pattern on the background to make a very special card.
Wishes
Lynne

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE the artsy and mixed media feel to this card. Gorgeous red and layers!

Julia Aston said...

what a pretty design with the star stenciling!

Unknown said...

Oh Boy, Tracy!! What a lovely Christmas card--it makes me miss my seasonal Spring & Summer Robins!! :) The red and brown color combo on this card is rich and vintagey and oh so Christmasy :) Just lovely, Tracy!! (sorry I'm so behind in commenting and visiting--I should be back to normal soon!) :) XOXO-Shari