Thursday 22 October 2015

Fashion Fades, Only Style Remains The Same.

I am showcasing one of the stamp sets from the new release, the Vintage Fashion stamp set from Artistic Outpost.
I have opted for a vintage feel to this piece decorating the background with Vintage Photo Distress Ink; applying the ink directly to a non-stick craft sheet and then spritzing with water and mopping up the beads of ink with the card and then drying with a heat tool. I then dabbed the card back into the remaining ink and dried with a heat tool to add layers of colour.
I applied DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Carbon Black to the lid from one of my containers and pressed the inked lid onto my background, repeating three times and then dried with a heat tool.  Each circle was then painted with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Titanium White and once again dried with a heat tool and I then coloured each circle with Gelatos, blending the colours with my finger. Imagery from the Vintage Fashion stamp set was then stamped into each of the circles using Black Archival Ink and then dried with a heat tool to prevent any smudging. I stamped a piece of scrap card with the background stamp using Ground Espresso Distress Ink and then stamped the bodice over the text using Black Archival Ink; I love how the text is visible over the bodice! I also included a piece of burlap ribbon behind for added texture.
I also used the background stamp from the Vintage Fashion stamp set to add random stamping, using Vintage Photo Distress Ink for a tone on tone effect. Random machine stitching has also been added for a further layer of interest.
More layers of stamping have been added to the top corner, once again using the background stamp, this time stamping once with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then a second time with Ground Espresso Ink; both layers of stamping clearly visible. I love adding layers to my designs!
I also stamped the inside of my card with the bodice imagery, using Black Archival Ink to echo the design on the front.



Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous! Love your fashion bubbles - what wonderful vintage shades to show off those lovely stamps.
Alison xx

Candy C said...

Really a pretty card, Tracy. Love your design and your coloring of it. This has an encaustic look to it. Love the stamps you are showcasing as well.

Annie said...

What a gorgeous make Tracy..love those AO stamps and the way you have used them makes for a wonderful scene/layout.......the dry brushing effect looks amazing too.....TFS and hugs
Annie xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the circles on this card ! Fantastic !
Corrie x

Redanne said...

Your layering up of the background shades is wonderful and I love your use of circles - the stitching is a lovely touch too. That is a great set of stamps... Hugs, Anne xx

megote said...

encore du beau travail et subtil
bravo

Deb said...

Wonderful Tracy, love the images encased within the circles and your perfect vintage colour palette. Deb xo