Thursday 1 October 2015

Joyeux Noel

Today I have my weekly post for Artistic Outpost.
I thought I would get a head start on a couple of Christmas Cards so today I am showcasing one of my favourites the Snowy Woods stamp set. The background of the card has been brayered lightly with Fired Brick and Tarnished Brass Distress Paints; the Tarnished Brass gives a touch of shimmer to the backdrop. I dried the layers of paint with a heat tool.
I die cut two hearts from scrap card, placed the hearts onto the background and applied Permanent Red PanPastel over the heart die cut and I then stamped the focal images into each of the hearts using Black Archival Ink, adding touches of white with a wax crayon. I also added the sentiment from the Snowy Woods stamp set to one of the hearts. I added twine across my card, securing in place using the Tiny Attacher. I added the sentiment on top of the twine. To add a further layer of interest I added delicate splatters of Tarnished Brass Paint to the background.
Touches of stencilling have been added using the Tim Holtz Stars Layering stencil, firstly applying Crackle Paste over the stencil and then adding more stencilled stars using Fired Brick Distress Ink to give a tone on tone effect.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x





9 comments:

Redanne said...

You always use this stamp set so beautifully, I love the rich reds and the masked heart. Whoever receives this Christmas card is going to be very lucky indeed. Apologies that I have missed so many of your lovely posts, I am playing catch-up now! Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Sure wish I was ready for Christmas projects but I have to admit - your card moved me an inch or two closer to acceptance Tracy. It was placing the vintage Santa inside the heart that got me!!! So unique. It's just a lovely card. The colors are so elegantly rich too. BEAUTIFUL. j.

chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Corrie Herriman said...

Wonderful card you have created here, Tracy ! Love the rich colours and the lovey Santas !
Corrie x

Candy C said...

This is beautiful, Tracy. I have always loved how you use that Santa stamp! The stars, the hearts...it's all beautiful.

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful warm reds, and I love how the stars fade in and out in white and red. Always love this stamp set!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Very clever to stamp the images of Father Christmas inside those beautiful hearts. Also like the way you worked with the stars and the warmth that exudes from this creation.
Wishes
Lynne

hazel said...

A beautiful Christmas card Tracy.
xxx Hazel.

Unknown said...

Tracy, I love this card! It's so festive and beautiful and I love how you mask those hearts to create those focal points for the Santas! Just love this!! XOXO-Shari