Thursday 16 July 2015

Spring's greatest Joy!

I cannot believe another week has flown by, where is the year going!! Today is my weekly post for Artistic Outpost and today I am showcasing the fabulous Springtime stamp set.
I created an aperture in the centre of my card to showcase the fabulous imagery. I applied some scribbles of drawing gum to the centre and allowed to dry. I then coloured the central area with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink and also added a touch of Brilliant Red Brusho, spritzed lightly with water and dried with my heat tool. I then rubbed away the drawing gum to reveal the white scribbles, love this technique!
I stamped the two children with Black Archival Ink, masked off the image and then stamped the ornate fence.
I added a few delicate splatters of Fired Brick Distress Paint for a further layer of interest and also included the fabulous sentiment from the Springtime stamp set. Scratchy paint lines have also been added for a touch of texture.
 I have also decorated the inside of my card with the focal image and a few paint splatters and scratches.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


11 comments:

Amanda said...

Fabulous Tracy love the scribble effect with the gum.
Love
Amanda x

hazel said...

A beautiful card Tracy.
xxx Hazel.

A Pink said...

A lovely card ! Tracy Love your choice of colours n that stamp is so sweet ! Restamping the focal image on the inside of the card is a wonderful touch . x

Pamellia said...

Wow Tracy, this is just fantastic!! I love the wonderful stormy scene you created with those stamps and your messy ink splashes and splatters! Great colour combo too! Such a lovely sentiment and perfect for you scene. hugs :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

a great project , love the background x

Julia Aston said...

Love the 'windy' background you created here - what a great technique! Sweet stamps too! Julia xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Love it!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous effects

Deb said...

Beautiful Tracy, love the masked scribbles on your background, what a great technique and love that AO stamp set!

Redanne said...

I love the effect you created with the gum and then the brushos and the red dots and scrapes look fabulous Tracy. Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Another stunning card, Tracy!! I love the entire design of this card with your focal images inside that scribbly-licious round aperature!! I love your use of the drawing gum, too!! XOXO-Shari