Thursday 2 July 2015

DREAM BIG

It's time for my weekly post for Artistic Outpost and today I am focusing on the Wander and Dream stamp set.
I placed a circular piece of paper in the centre of my card to act as a mask. I then added Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade to the Stripes Layering Stencil, simply press the inkpads directly onto the stencil and then spritz with water. Lay the Stencil onto the card and dab with a piece of kitchen towel and then remove and dry with a heat tool. Repeat to add detail to the whole of the background.
I then began work on the central aperutre, applying Wild Honey and a touch of Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink the the circular area. I used Wendy Vecchi's Frames to create this and placed the mask over the background area to mask off my coloured background.
I stamped the gent into the centre of my aperture using Black Archival Ink, stamped him once again onto scrap paper, cut it out and then used this as a mask. Witth the mask in place I then stamped the desert in the background. I then added the sentiment 'DREAM BIG'again from the Wander and Dream stamp set.
I added delicate paint splatters to the central aperture using Ripe Persimmon Distress Paint and I then added scratchy lines to the background by simply pressing my acrylic block onto my Black Archival Inkpad and then pressing onto the card. I love adding layers to my designs.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

9 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful colours and design xx

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Tracy! I love how you did the stripes, what a great look! It almost looks like a mirage in the desert of raining sunshine! Love it! hugs :)

Julia Aston said...

Love these western theme stamps - great design with the masked circle!

Redanne said...

I love how you did the background, it really sets the focal point off so well and the focal image is wonderful. Hugs, Anne xx

Corrie Herriman said...

You have created a lovely card here. They are wonderful stamps too !
Corrie x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful background, I like the stripes and also the way in which you masked the centre of the card. Beautiful creation.
Wishes
Lynne

Inkypinkycraft said...

a lovey project, gorgeous colours and details x

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic card Tracy! The inky background looks great with the masculine image!

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy! I'm playing catch up from being away from my computer over the weekend--and look at this wonderful AO card!! I Love This!! It's simple and fun and totally your style!! Love You!! XOXO-Shari