Sunday 26 July 2015

Dare To Spread Your Wings

Morning, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Love to Create Challenge Blog where the theme is Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.
I brayered my background with Ripe Persimmon Distress Paint, using only a gently touch to leave some white areas visible.
I used a stencil to add two circles to my desing, applying Magenta, Magenta Shade and Magenta Extra Dark PanPastels to each of the circles, blending the colours as I move around each circle. I then added some background stamping to each of the circles using a Carabelle stamp.
To add definition, I applied Black Coarse Pearl Medium around the edges of each circle so that they pop from the background. I also added a Finnabair sentiment, coloured with PanPastels and again shaded at the edges with Black Coarse Medium.
I added some random machine stitching to act as stems to my circular flowers and also included some scratchy paint lines using an old credit card and some delicate black paint splatters.

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/


Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x x x


11 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

Woooo..I love this colour combo Tracy....Beautiful artwork!! :)

Linda said...

Beautiful! Lovely colours! Very creative! :)

Corrie Herriman said...

Love those warm colours. Great background !
Corrie xx

Unknown said...

Ahhh so pretty Tracy. You did a really fun project! j.

Jools Robertson said...

Beautiful! Love the colour combination and gorgeous stamps
Jools x

Redanne said...

Your work with colour is always so inspiring Tracy, I love the colours on this project, they are so warm and inviting. I love the brayered background too. Hugs, Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Such a striking card from the touches of white peeking through your background to the way the circles "pop". Beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Mary Elizabeth said...

Tracy -- Awesome Make!! Love the brayered background and the colors are fantastic!! The stenciled circles with the stamped through images just pop on this card. The stitched stems -- just terrific. Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

Pamellia said...

Just fabulous Tracy!! I so adore how you layer your backgrounds and now that I have seen one of your pieces first hand and can see how much work goes into every layer, I admire your work even more! The touches of stitching are just brilliant!! hugs :)

Julia Aston said...

Love your flowers and stitched stems and your wonderful background!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, Tracy! I'm loving the orange and magenta color combo a lot! Have I said that already?! ;) It's just stunning and I LOVE the stems that you've stitched on! AWESOME!! :) :) XOXO-Shari