Sunday 12 July 2015

Imagination means nothing without doing!

Morning, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Love to Create Challenge Blog where the theme is Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.
I began my card by brayering the background with Ripe Persimmon Distress Paint using only a light touch and leaving some white areas visible. I then placed a stencil onto the backdrop and applied Magenta PanPastel over the stencil, then I applied a second layer of colour using PanPastel Magenta Shade and then onto Magenta Extra Dark. I love the layers of colour you can apply with PanPastels.
My focal image from Carabelle Studio has been stamped onto Stampbord which has first been coloured with Distress Paint, dried with a heat gun and then stamped with Black Archival Ink. I added  Black Coarse Pearl Medium around the edges for definition. Once I was happy I then used the scraper tool to add a few white highlights before applying a coat of Matt Medium and then a random coat of DecoArt Crackle Glaze.
I coloured a scrap piece of card with Magenta PanPastel and then stamped my sentiment and cut out, adding Black Coarse Pearl PanPastel around the edges of the sentiment for definition.
I applied some Carbon Black Antiquing Cream to the Crackle Glaze and wiped away the excess with a baby wipe. I love how the Antiquing Cream highlights the cracks.
I also added random stamping to the stencilled areas for a further layer of interest.

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Tracy x x




6 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Wonderful project Tracy ! I love Pan Pastels too, just don't use them often enough !
Corrie x

rachel said...

this is wonderful Tracy - I adore the warm colours - fabulous xx

Pamellia said...

Wow Tracy, just fabulous! The honeycomb in the background is a great touch and as usual, textures are beyond amazing!! What a great sentiment too. hugs :)

Annie said...

Fabulous details Tracy and I love the Carabelle stamps too.....must check them out.

TFS and best wishes Annie x x

Unknown said...

Oh Fabulous colors, Tracy!! There's so much depth in your background with those layers of colors and stenciling! Love it!! XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

Wonderful colours and textures Tracy, love it!