Sunday 5 July 2015

Be Yourself!

Morning, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Love to Create Challenge Blog where the theme is Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.
 I created a mixed media card using one of my favourite images from Stampers Anonymous. The backgroundhas been coloured with PanPastels Diarylide Yellow and Orange.
I stamped the focal image with Black Archival Ink and then used a mask before stamping the number in the background. I added further dimension to the wings and hat, leaving these stamped pieces in white to give a contrast to the background.
I added a touch of stencilling to the background applying black texture paste through a stencil. I also added a few scratchy lines using the end of an old credit card along with a few delicate black paint splatters.
I also added Imagine and DREAM to the bottom of my card using Visible Image stamps.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Tracy x x

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/




10 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Another fantastic card with that lovely Tim girl, super background on this one!!

A Pink said...

Love the stark black against the vibrant background ! Tracy really eye catching. Great scratches n splats. x

Words and Pictures said...

Love the bold sunshine colour, and fabulous how the white wings and hat pop with dimension against it.
Alison xx

Pamellia said...

Fabulous card Tracy! I love the job you did with the paper piecing, the black and white just pops on your super fiery background! Love it! hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Bold in colour and composition which works an absolute treat for the sentiment conveyed in this piece of art. I like the way you layered the wings and hat.
A stunning creation.
Wishes
Lynne

Redanne said...

Gorgeous colours and wonderful design Tracy - love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE this!!! Love the black and white accents!

Corrie Herriman said...

She's such a lovely girl, isn't she, and she looks so comfy on your card ! Fabulous !
Corrie x

Unknown said...

Oh, Tracy--I know you've 'heard' this from me before, but really--here's another one of your FABULOUS creations that I just LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Such a fun card with one of my fav winged things!! :) Just Spectacular!! XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

Love the white hat and wings against your wonderful background, very striking!