Thursday 11 April 2013

You Are The Hero In Your Own Story

I've been using the PAPERBOY plate from Artistic Outpost to create a huge textural tag.

I used a black tag and then covered most of the tag with corrugated card to add texture and dimension to the background.
I added the fabulous sentiment from the Paperboy Plate along with a pen nib which I aged with a touch of black Paint Dabber. I also added pencils stamped onto kraft card from the Secretary Pool plate.
I stamped the paperboy and added a touch of shading using a Distress Marker. I added the paperboy to some pieces of vintage newspaper, punching the edges with a paper punch. I also added a lollipop stick which I coloured with Distress Inks and added the text EXTRA! EXTRA! using black Archival Ink. I also added a mini typewriter along with a further stamped pencil and also added a piece of typing paper to my typwriter adding NEWS to the paper. I also added a huge button threaded with twine.
A few more splats and a touch of random stamping on the corrugated card complete my tag.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

19 comments:

Helen said...

that looks fab, Tracy. Love that paper punch!!

Paula Whittaker said...

loving the corrugated card background, like you say, it adds great texture and extra interest to the piece.

Words and Pictures said...

Yum - fab corrugated texture, and I love those "notebook" book pages - how cool! Great composition of the elements... love it!
Alison x

Bonnie Irvine said...

Fabulous collage! I love each element and how it contributes brilliantly to the story this tag tells. Great texture with the corrugated cardboard and the lovely punched newspapers. Love how you have combine fabulous stamps and 3-D items to achieve such cool dimension.

Unknown said...

Wow what a busy card. I'm just loving it all! Need to get some of these stamps, there just so different! Debbie R xx

Willkommen auf meiner Kreativseite. said...

It's a wonderful tag! I love this stamps from Artistic Outpost.

Netty said...

terrific collaged tag Tracy.
Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Annie said...

Fabulous tag Tracy. Very inspiring piece with lots to look at. Love it x

Annie

Gail said...

Wows-luv it xx Gail Tvxx

PetraB said...

fantastic texture and colours, love everything about it!

Jenny Marples said...

This is fantastic Tracy - love how you have echoed so many elements with your paperboy, with the punched newprint being a particular favourite. Hugs, Jenny x

flutterbycrafter said...

Fabulous

hazel said...

A great tag Tracy - love the corrugated card.
xxx Hazel.

Tanya said...

Love this! Fabulous work :)

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Tracy, Love this tag, love the paperboy stamp, love the splats, love EVERYTHING.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Dianne said...

Hey Tracy had a min. to visit :) LOOOOVE the tag, I love corrugated background and all the nibs so kool, I really like the idea of the news print behind him,echos all over the page so well done thanks for sharing this inspiration, hope you have a great weekend..

Lynn Stevens said...

I just knew this was yours as soon as I saw it on AO website!!! so Kewl!
hugs Lynn

Suzanne C said...

Love the punched border newspaper behind the boy! Such a sweet and lovely tag!

Anonymous said...

Hello Tracy, What an amazing Tag and Blog you have. Now a follower. Thanks so much for sharing. Karen.x