Friday 26 April 2013

ONE OF A KIND

I've decorated a tag this week for my DT creation for Creative Expressions using That Special Touch Flower and Butterfly Mask.
I applied Wendy Vecchi's white Embossing Paste through the stencil for added texture and dimension and set aside to dry.
Once completely dry I then coloured my tag with salty ocean and mowed lawn Distress Inks, flicking water onto the ink and dabbing with kitchen towel to remove the ink in areas.
I love the blotches in the background they add another layer of interest to my tag. I also added some random text to the top of the paste for further interest and I applied charcoal pencil around my flowers to lift a little from the backdrop. For further dimension I also added a Dazzler to the top of my tag and stamped "one of a kind" using black Archival Ink and Tim Holtz Simple Sayings Stamp Set (coming soon to Creative Expressions).
A wooden butterfly has been added to the bottom of my tag and I have also added some random machine stitching to the tag for further interest.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy the weekend. Tracy x x

16 comments:

Amanda said...

Really lovely tag and love all the texture
Love
Amanda x

Unknown said...

wow Tracy love the colour of your tag. Looks amazing. The butterfly and dazzler finishes it of a treat! Thanks for sharing, Debbie R xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

you make this colour look so wonderful in so many ways! love the paste too and the stencil you have used is fab! a great make hugs trace x

Gail said...

Luv this tag and the colourway and the dazzler at the top makes it a bit different xx Gail T xx

Kate Yetter said...

Love the look you achieved from the embossing paste. The stamping on top makes it pop. Love it!
Kate

Carol Q said...

extremely Lovely Tracy!

Sarah Anderson said...

Tracy this is gorgeous! I particularly love the snippets of text stamped on those gloriously textured flowers :)

Annie said...

Beautiful colours Tracy and I love the spritz n flick. The texture is amazing and the text detail makes them even more special.

Love it

Annie x

Words and Pictures said...

What a lovely tag... just feels like you could dive into that background (which, given it's been 39 degrees here today, seems like a good idea!)... beautiful, Tracy!
Alison x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Wow, the colour is so rich and there is so much texture! Gorgeous tag Tracy! Have a fabulous weekend :) xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Wonderful tag Tracy, the depth of the colours with the blotting technique is gorgeous and the flowers stand out beautifully.
Hugs Brenda xox

Redanne said...

What an absolutely gorgeous tag Tracy, the depth of colour is just incredible, love the embossing and the gorgeous butterfly too. Hugs, Anne x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Tracy, Wow, beautiful tag, I love the script atop the texture paste, and the colours go beautifully together with the water droplets, such a fantastic make.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the dreamy feel of it. Chris xxx

Dianne said...

Blue, blue, beautiful blue..Gorgeous colors, all that flicking, dabbing creating splotches, fabulous, I love it. The text on the flowers brilliant. Gorgeous creation Tracy thanks so much for sharing all the process and the beauty, have a wonderful day..

Suzanne C said...

Yummy blues! Love the soft water spots and the text in the flower and butterfly. Just Gorgeous!