Saturday 13 April 2013

Spring Is Here

Designing for 100 Proof Press today using the fabulous SHARP OWL.
I sprayed my background with Dylusions sprays and then added sea salt and left it for a few hours and then removed the salt to reveal the mottled background. I used watercolour paper and even added the edges from my paper pad to the card for a little more interest.
I added a lace doily behind my owl to soften a little and then added the owl which has been stamped onto white card with black Archival Ink and coloured with peeled paint Distress Ink with touches of brushed corduroy around the edges.
I found the butterfly button in my collection, added some natural twine and added to the bottom of my card to give a little more interest and dimension. I also added an owl charm to the owl which I coloured with Alcohol Inks and threaded with black twine.
To complete, I added "Spring is here" to the top of my card and to the owl's body and also added some random stamped text to his body too, stamped in coffee Archival Ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy the weekend. Tracy x x

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, I'm so loving this! The doily, sitting behind the owl, looks like the moon and the colours are just so vibrant. The salt technique is very clever. Lets hope that spring appears soon! Debbie R xx

Annie said...

Fabulous background Tracy...definitely have to give it a go. Great placing of your little button and love the string on the butterfly. These little additions make this a stunning, inspirational piece. TFS

Annie x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - I am borrowing this for my desktop wallpaper - an honour bestowed only to deserving artists like you and Emma Williams and Sarah Hurley and, and ... you are brilliant, and I adore owls so this one wins hands down.

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, that sea salt background is really cool... love that it gives texture as well as colour. The owl is as adorable as ever, and looks very cute on his lacy nest!

Thanks for your lovely comment... I wondered if anyone would go for mushrooms (magic ones at that)!
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

Seeing this up close I love this even more. That sea salt background is gorgeous and you have backed the owl so well as he could so easily have been lost. Hugs, Jenny x

Claudine said...

That is so cool, I must try that background with sea salt technique, it's so cool.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a gorgeous card, a wonderful owl.

Anonymous said...

The doily does soften the image and adds contrast against that stunning background you created.
The butterfly button is such a lovely embellishment.
Wishes
Lynne

Lynn Stevens said...

OHHH I always forget about using salt. It makes such an interesting background. Great contrast with the doily in the background too.
Another Fabulous creation Tracy!
Hugs Lynn

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous background Tracy and a fun card.
hugs {brenda} xox

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Tracy, WOW, loving the owl stamp, and the background with the salt is stunning, also loving the tiny owl embellishment, really cute.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Carol Q said...

love that salt background Tracy and Mr Owl's owl embellishment lol

Dianne said...

Looooove the background, so kool how you added the extra layering,the owl is too cute, thanks for sharing Tracy and have a great day...

Suzanne C said...

The owl upon owl is wow! Beautiful! The background is fantastic!

Redanne said...

I just love it when you use sharp Owl, he is wonderful. Love the way you created the fabulous background, must try that one. The little owl embellie is the perfect finishing touch Tracy. Hugs, Anne x