Tuesday 30 April 2013

DREAM

Crafter's Companion have two shows this Friday 3rd May at 9am and 2pm showcasing the fabulous 6" x 6" Die'sire Embossalicious Embossing Folders.
My first piece is a canvas board using the Embossalicious Floral Frenzy folder which I have dry brushed with white acrylic paint. I have added my embossed panel to a crackle background.
I have then added a flower as my focal point using a stencil and embossing paste and then adding Treasure Gold to the raised areas once dry.
The Die'sire Large Sunflower and Small Sunflower dies add wonderful dimension to the bottom corner of my canvas. I coloured the edges of my petals with walnut stain Distress Ink to coordinate with my embossed backdrop. I have aslo added some wonderful metal leaves and wooden letters to add DREAM.
I love how you can see the embossed background through the embossing paste and I love how the white paint really lifts the embossing.
Three wooden flying birds have also been added to the top corner again coloured with a touch of Treasure Gold.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

16 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful piece (as always!)

Annie said...

This is totally a dream Tracy and I love the crackled background and embossing. Those sunflower dies are definitely on my wish list.....love them.

Crafty Hugs

Annie x

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are gorgeous and so 3D - would grace many home decor items!

Lori said...

Gorgeous Tracy! I just love those flowers to death! So many wonderful layers!

Sandra said...

Beautiful project Tracy x

Carol Q said...

love ALL of it!

Netty said...

Love your beautiful project and wowee those flowers are amazing. Hugs Annette x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Tracy, Beautiful, beautiful, canvas, lovely texture, lovely colours, and those flowers are stunning.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Brenda Brown said...

Stunning Tracy, just love the background and embossing folder and the flowers really do add that extra dimension.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Jenny Marples said...

Jaw-droppingly good Tracy! Love that dry brushing effect and the stencilled flower over the top. Will definitely be looking out on Friday. Hugs, Jenny x

Kate Yetter said...

So pretty!

Redanne said...

Hi Tracy, this is a stunningly beautiful creation, from the crackled backing, to the embossed flower and also those fabulous sunflowers! That flower die is a must have now...... Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

Swoon! This is to die for - just love the ivory flowers and highlighting on the embossed background. The crackle frame is delicious... but I'm going to finish on those amazing flowers again - wow!! Beautiful make, Tracy!
Alison x

Gail said...

Beautiful xx Gail T xx

Dianne said...

AMAZING its fabulous, so many things you have done to create a wonderful work of art, thanks for sharing..

Suzanne C said...

The flowers are gorgeous! I love the neutral with the hint of brown on the petals. Opulent and lovely!