Tuesday 23 April 2013

100 Proof Press/Hydrangea Hippo Blog Hop

100 Proof Press is teaming up with Hydrangea Hippo for a marvelous blog hop that includes inspiration from both DT's. We would like to invite you to join in on our blog hopping fun. There are lots of chances to win PRIZES from both 100 Proof Press and Hydrangea Hippo.

Facebook Page - Hydrangea Hippo
Facebook Page - 100 Proof Press

Blog - Hydrangea Hippo
Blog - 100 Proof Press 

If you arrived here from the Hydrangea Hippo blog (Jennifer) then you are in the right place. 100 Proof Press are offering a fabulous $25 gift certificate and Hydrangea Hippo are offering a fabulous kit from their Etsy store. Simply leave a comment on each of the blogs listed below to be in with a chance of winning these fabulous prizes. The hop will be live for both 23rd and 24th April and winners will be announced on the 100 Proof Press and Hydrangea Hippo blogs.

I decided to decorate a bag this time around using the calico bag that was included in our goodies from Hydrangea Hippo.
I stamped the LARGE SHARP OWL from 100 Proof Press onto a piece of calico using black Archival Ink and machine stitching around the edges for further interest. I also added a metal letter 'O' to the body for a touch of dimension. I added a piece of hessian to the back of the owl and adhered both pieces to the bag.
I stamped OWL onto the bag with black Archival Ink and added the wonderful flowers from Hydrangea Hippo which I coloured with Alcohol Inks to coordinate with my bag and embellishments.
The lace which I tied into a bow and coloured with Distress Stain is also from Hydrangea Hippo along with the lace trim at the top of my bag and the small rose buds too.
To complete I also added OWL to the top of my bag to echo the text at the bottom of the bag.

Should you get lost along the way I have included a full list of the hop. Your next stop on the hop is Nancy.



Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy the hop. Tracy x x

19 comments:

Hydrangea Hippo - Jennifer Priest said...

Very cool--love how you dyed the lace!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow what a great bag! I wouldn't want to put my shopping in this it's to cool. Love, love the owl and the hessian backdrop is fab. Great tip to change the colour of the lace. Thanks for sharing. Debbie R xx

Patricia Howarth said...

This bag is gorgeous, Tracy, loving the owl, he is beautiful and the flowers are gorgeous. A truly gorgeous project.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Dianne said...

Now this is just FABULOUS,Looooove the flower and the bow,, your such an inspiration to visit thanks for that my dear. Have a wonderful day...

Teresa Abajo said...

Awesome work Tracy! This bag is a gift in itself.

Pammejo said...

Fabulous bag, love the "owl" stamp, so cool...great vintage feel,I just love all the details. TFS http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

this is so super cute. i love your image and the use of organic materials mixed with the acrylic.

midnitescrapper said...

i love the multi media used on this! adorable

Heather Landry said...

I love the way you used the jewels and the little owl is so cute! Great project!

Words and Pictures said...

Such a cute bag - your little owl certainly does good service, and I love him more each time I see him - I love his little Superman O for Owl on his chest! Fab burlap and buttons, and the flowers are lovely too.
Alison xx

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

Hi Tracy, you know I love it when you use the owl! Hoot hoot - great hop.

Katie said...

Love that owl stamp!! And those wonderful flowers. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Unknown said...

Great color coordination in this project. I especially like the dyed acrylic flowers!

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is a great make , lovethe neutral colours hugs trace x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous deign on your bag Tracy, love the colours and additional fabrics to create the layers. The flowers are a beautiful addition.
Hugs Brenda xox

cbee said...

a great bag for an owl fan!! beautiful!

Kim Dellow said...

Totally wonderful Tracy :) Love it! Kim

Suzanne C said...

Love the muslin! The owl looks striking on the background and the beads are fun!

Unknown said...

Wow great bag!!