Wednesday 17 April 2013

She Knows Her Own Strength

It's time for our monthly blog hop with Artistic Outpost and this month our theme is FLOWERS OR WOMEN.
I decided to showcase both women and flowers in my accordion card which I created using the arch frame die from Tim Holtz, cut from Core'dinations card.
I wanted to work with denim and blues for this piece as I think the images from the COWGIRL STRENGTH work beautifully with these as I can imagine her dress being made of denim and I also love the rust tones combined with the blues.
I lay my accordion flat so that you could see the detail a little better. I used the sized arches die to create the central panels to which I added stencilled stars, stamping the stars with the print from the stamp set using coffee archival ink.
Once I had added the stencilled stars I then coloured the arch with vintage photo Distress Ink and spritzed with water to give a mottled effect, adding walnut stain ink to the edges. I added rusty stars throughout and I have also added a small denim flower cut using the Tattered Florals die, adding a copper brad to the centre. I stamped the sentiment onto white card and coloured with Distress Inks and again spritzed with water, adding two small wooden stars to the side for added dimension.
I used the same sentiment again on this panel but this time I cut the sentiment up, again added a rusty star and a layered denim flower. I stamped my cowgirl onto white card and coloured with Distress Markers, adding a small wooden star to her dress.
Wooden letters spelling STRENGTH to echo the sentiment have been added to the third panel again adding a rusty star and denim flower. I have also added thick natural twine to the bottom of each panel for that rustic earthy feel.
My fellow Design Team members have made some fabulous pieces to inspire you, please pop along and visit their blogs and be inspired along the way.


Artistic Outpost also has a fabulous REFERRAL THEME taking place for April and the theme is ANYTHING GOES using your AO images. There is also a fabulous prize on offer, upload your designs HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x 

17 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous strong colours and images together Tracy, this card definitely gives the feel of a hardworking and clever lady.
Hugs {brenda} x0x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Wat a wondful make, love all the details and elements that youbhave used to make this fab piece!hugstrace x

Paula Whittaker said...

great triptych Tracy.

hazel said...

A wonderful creation Tracy.
xxx Hazel.

Suzanne C said...

Love the blue monochromatic theme with the Cowgirl strength! Those denim flowers are lovely! Beautiful triptych!

Kate Yetter said...

I always love how you use this stamp plate. Very wild west. The images, stars and flowers are beautiful together. fabulous and fun card.
Kate

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Fabulous statement made with the Cowgirl! Love your amazing piece and the colors are purr-fect!

Terry said...

Fabulous project, Tracy! Love how you have the cowgirl at each end with the powerful statement in the center! All the flowers and stars are perfect embellishments!

Netty said...

Terrific project Tracy and loving the theme, hugs Annette x

Carol Q said...

brilliant Tracy - what a fab shade of blue.

Fuchsia said...

Fab art !

Redanne said...

The denim and rust colour tones work so well together on your gorgeous frame Tracy. A really beautiful project. Hugs, Anne x

Sue said...

Gorgeous Tracy, I love these strong colours, just perfect for your project xx

Dianne said...

Wow Tracy fabulous accordian card every inch of it is gorgeous
, thanks for sharing it..

Words and Pictures said...

Love this! What a fantastically bold colour combination - strong and powerful like the cowgirl herself, and I love those leathery stars!
Alison x

Barb Cady said...

I'm back off holiday and catching up with your delightful posts, must say I really love this one, the colours are fab and this is a great stamp set. Love all your other projects too! X

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I absolutely adore what you have done with the cowgirl stamp Tracy. Super design, fabulous color palette and the denim flowers and rusty stars are absolutely perfect! You totally rocked this hop!

Hugs,
Linda