Thursday 25 April 2013

PAPERBOY

This weeks sample for Artistic Outpost uses the fabulous PAPERBOY plate.


I used the background stamp from the PAPERBOY plate to stamp randomly around my background using Distress Ink. I then coloured the background piece with brushed corduroy ink to add to that aged feel and distressed the edges, adding walnut stain for added definition.

Two banners have been added to the top stamped with sentiments from the KUDZU KAFE plate. I also added more background stamping to each banner for a further layer of interest, adding black soot Distress Ink to the edges of each banner.

My focal images have been stamped with black Archival Ink and I have added a couple of splats to add to that aged feel.
I matted and layered my stamped piece onto a piece of black card and then onto a piece of card stamped with the background stamp, more splats, colouring with Distress Inks and distressing the edges with a paper distresser.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

16 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Tracy, I really have to get this Paperboy plate, I adore all your cards made with these stamps. This card is stunning, I love the sepia effect and the side banners tie the whole card together beautifully. I also love the 'splats'.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really fab make, love the neutral colours they look fab trace x hugs x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Great colour work, fab' composition, love this! Chris xxx

Kate Yetter said...

Love how its all grungy & sepia colored. The ink splatters are great! A fabulous card with a important message in the banners.
Kate

Paula Whittaker said...

you always work with the sepia/brown colours so well - loving this piece.

Amanda said...

Great make, I just love the whole feel of this, another stamp set added to my wish list lol
Love
Amanda x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Tracy ! I love the DS splats too ! Sue C x

Carol Q said...

great layout Tracy, love your use of the sentiments and your splats.

Annie said...

Hi Tracy........I just love what you have made with this set so far. I hope to play with these stamps on the weekend. Fingers crossed I come up with something wonderful like you.

Love the vintage tones and the splats. Very inspiring as always

CRafty Hugs

Annie x

Michelle said...

Great card Tracy! Those ink spots are awesome.

Dianne said...

Wow Tracy you use those paper boy stamps like no one else, you make them come alive with the technique you use, loooove the splats. Fabulous job dear, so inspirational really, I love it.. Thanks for sharing it, hope you have a wonderful creative weekend..

Brenda Brown said...

Wonderful card Tracy, the background stamp provides the perfect backdrop for the focal images and the whole distressed feel is fabulous.
Hugs Brenda xox

Unknown said...

Tracy this piece is just brilliant! Those stamps are just so different, I just love them, roll on pay day. Everything just fits! Thank you for the inspiration, Debbie R xx

Redanne said...

I do love it when you use this stamp set and you always show it off to it's best advantage. Love the splatting! Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

So loved this over at AO... the stamping is fabulous, and those urban grunge splats are a brilliant touch. I completely love the vintage look you've achieved - wonderful make!
Alison x

Suzanne C said...

Love the scene you created. The splatters in this series are wonderful along with the soft under stamped.