Monday 18 February 2019

Ladybird Frame

Today I am showcasing my newly released A4 Stamp, Ladybug #161 from AALLandCreate. All the new products are available from our Stockists listed HERE.
I love creating dimensional, layered pieces and this is one of those that developed the more I experimented.

I began with a background painted with Prima Impasto Paints Linen and Dark Chocolate, blending the colours with a little water. The linen also gives a little lightness to the darker tone.
I added a clay piece to the centre and I am absolutely delighted with the detail retained in the clay. I also added some chicken mesh over the top to act like a protective layer, afterall we need to protect our Ladybirds!
I added some delicate stamping to the background using Gold Acrylic Paint to echo the gold highlights on the frame and also the gold touches added to the edges of the piece. I included a vintage floor nail wrapped with twine for added interest.
This picture shows those gold details a little better and I also added some natural hessian behind my clay piece, again for added texture.
A touch more stamping added to card and then added to my frame. The chicken wire was also aged a little with some Alcohol Ink.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.




4 comments:

A Pink said...

Fabulous piece, Tracy with a wonderful organic feel. Some lovely touches x

Jo Rice said...

I love this design Tracy, your use of Clay is inspirational, and I just adore your use of the vintage floor nail...looks like I need some of them .
Have a great week,,,,Jo, xx❤️

Redanne said...

I cannot give you a better compliment than to say that this might just be my favourite, ever, of your projects, I am totally in love with this piece Tracy!!! Hugs, Anne xx

Annie said...

I agree with Anne x This is absolutely amazing x Love the design and layout with thos wonderful additions of wire and string x

TFS and huge hugs
Annie x