Tuesday 27 February 2018

Heart Accordion

Today I have another piece of art using my new release from AALLandCreate. I opted for a pop of colour to brighten the week. To view the whole collection and to see a list of our stockists please click HERE.
I created an accordion with lots of colour using Dina Wakley's Heavy Body Acrylic Paints. I began by applying a light layer of Turquoise paint, brayered over the white card and then added paint in light layers. My second layer was Lime then very subtle touches of Cheddar, Ocean and Fuchsia. The darker colours really lift the design.
I used one of the AALLandCreate Stencils by Bipasha to add circles to the background using Dina Wakley's White Heavy Body Acrylic, applying with a piece of Cut 'n' Dry Foam.
I added black stamping to the background using my border stamp, the black really pops against the colourful backdrop which I love.
I then stamped my heart stamp onto the background and then brayered paint onto a piece of scrap card and then stamped the hearts onto the painted scrap card, cut out the hearts and then added them to the stemps. I adore the pop of colour on the hearts.
I also added delicate splatters of paint for a further layer of interest.
I added sentiments from my hearts stamp and added black ink around the outside edges of each piece.
I decorated both the front and back of my accordion. To add further interest I also added some doodles with white pen.
I have listed below the stamps that I have used.
I have used this border stamp for my focal and background imagery.
I have used the sentiments from my heart set.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

9 comments:

Jackie PN said...

Lovely color play and those stamps!!
What a cool card! Love the accordion as it stretching out your artwork!
Jackie xo

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow - what a happy use of these fabulous new stamps! AMAZING Accordion booklet!

Redanne said...

#33 stamp set is one of my most favourite of your new stamps, it is so useful and the border is such a great size. Your accordion is wonderful, love your beautiful colour choices! Hugs, Anne xx

Amanda said...

Really love this Tracy a fabulous colour combination. Your stamps look great and as you know I had to buy them
Love
Amanda x

Kate Yetter said...

I just love these stamps. That one with the lines is so cool. Love the colorful accordion card that you have made.
Kate

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks brilliant Tracy! Looking forward to some playtime now all our appointments are done with! Chrisx

hazel said...

This is beautiful Tracy, the colours are fabulous and I love your stamps.
xxx Hazel.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Tracy, you always manage to get so much into your projects with them looking cluttered or to busy, and your new stamps are wonderful xx

A Pink said...

oooo another favourite! Absolutely LOVE this one! Tracy. Everything about it is to my viewing eye spot on! ♥♥♥
Hugs x