Thursday 1 March 2018

Stand Out From The Crowd

Today I have another piece of art using my new release from AALLandCreate. I opted for a pop of colour once again. To view the whole collection and to see a list of our stockists please click HERE.
I created a card today using paints from Dina Wakley. I began by applying Cheddar Heavy Body Acrylic Paint to the background of my card, applying with a piece of Cut 'n' Dry Foam. I then added a a layer of Fuchsia Heavy Body Acrylic to a piece of scrap card and I then lightly pressed the scap card against the painted Cheddar backdrop to add highlights of Fuchsia Paint to the background. I then lightly brayered Turquoise paint onto the background.
I added some delicate splatters of Turquoise paint to the background. I am loving this colour palette. I then stamped my hearts with Black Archival Ink.
I added some paint circles to the background using White Heavy Body Acrylic and an old lid along with some scratchy paint lines using an old credit card.
I coloured a separate piece of card with Dina Walkey Paints and then stamped my hearts onto the card. Cut out each of the hearts and I then added them to my background.
These hearts work so well as a focal image and I love how this card turned out. I added the sentiment 'stand out from the crowd' to complete my card.
I used two of my stamp sets for this card both shown below.


I used my border stamp for my focal imagery.





I used the sentiment from this set. I love how all the sets can be combined.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

10 comments:

brenda said...

A great inky colour palette Tracy.

B x

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

What a fantastic photo tutorial and blog post!! I love your color combination and your stunning stamps.

froebelsternchen said...

I really love all you show ! You make the most beautiful things with your new stamp sets! AMAZING!

Redanne said...

Tracy, you ALWAYS stand out from the crowd with your gorgeous designs and the colours on this are stunning!! Hugs, Anne xx

Kate Yetter said...

Those Dina Wakley paints are really fabulous. The bright colors along with your gorgeous stamps make a great piece. Beautiful Tracy!
Kate

Sue said...

This is wonderful Tracy, those colours are amazing! Have a very happy March, Sue xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your sentiment clearly isn't an instruction, but a statement about this fabulous card! Love those vibrant colours and the way you added the hints of turquoise! Who couldn't love a paint with the name Cheddar!? Thinking I need this heart set as soon as I can!! Hugs, Chrisx

Jackie PN said...

This is a beauty Tracy! Love your color play here-the teal and white sure do POP! Great design and those stencils!
hugs,Jackie xx

Craftychris said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the colours and your awesome stamps. I won a gift certificate from That's Crafty and spent it on these two stamp sets! I had seen Anne Redfern using the flower set and I had to have them! xxx

A Pink said...

Another lovely card! Tracy ( I'm working backwards ;) )
Hugs x