Friday 23 February 2018

Dragonfly Etcetera Tag

Today I have another piece of art using my new release from AALLandCreate. Today I have another vintage make with my dragonfly stamp. To view the whole collection and to see a list of our stockists please click HERE.

If you would like to see my first piece using my stamps, please click HERE. I also have another project I created which you can find HERE. My third piece created with my stamps you can find HERE. You can see a colourful make HERE using my stamps. I also have another vintage make HERE using my butterflies.
I am loving decorating these Etcetara Tags, the base is absolutely brilliant for adding so many layers.
  1. Paint the Etcetera Tags with a base coat of Gesso.
  2. Apply Texture Paste randomly over both tags, applying with a palette knife.
  3. Once the Paste is completely dry, paint with a coat of Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint and then dry with a heat tool.
  4. Apply a second layer of paint in this case Evergreen Bough Distress Paint, dry the layer of paint very lightly and then use a damp baby wipe to wipe away some of the colour, leaving some of the darker layer in the crevices of the Texture Paste. Dry with a heat tool. Repeat the same process for both tags.
  5. Apply VersaMark WaterMark Pad across the edges of the tag and then sprinke Seth Apter's Chunky Rust Baked Texture along the edges of the tag and then heat to melt the powder. For the smaller tag I applied Patina Oxide Baked Texture along the edges.

I added some background stamping to each of the tags using my border stamps, stamping with Black Archival Ink. I added three of the circular wooden pieces from Tim Holtz Idea-ology range down the centre of the smaller tag.
I stamped my dragonfly onto vintage book pages and also created a puddle of Seth Apter's Patina Oxide Baked Texture onto my Non-Stick Craft Sheet and then stamped my dragonly into the melted powder. Remember to add ink or VersaMark to your stamp to ensure that the stamp is released from the melted powder easier.
I added some cotton threads for added texture to my design and added the 'DRAGONFLY' sentiment to the background.
I love adding lots of layers to my pieces along with lots of texture and this was a fun piece to create. I also included some vintage rusty nails to the top and bottom of my tag for further texture.
A few delicate splatters of white paint lift the design further along with some scratchy white lines stamped in the background using my border stamp.
I added some rustic twine to the top of my tag. This piece is so tactile in real life!
Thanks so much to everyone for your wonderful words of support following my recent release.



These are the two stamp sets I used for today's sample.

Have a lovely weekend. Tracy x x





10 comments:

Redanne said...

The Patina Oxide is my favourite of the new EPs and it looks beautiful with the butterfly stamped in! Love the dragonflies too. I am loving seeing what you do with your new stamps! Hugs, Anne xx

Amanda said...

Another stunning make!
Love
Amanda x

Sue said...

This is amazing Tracy, I love the beautiful little details like the lines and the spatters, and I can't wait to get my hands on your stamps and Seth's powders - the perfect combo! Have a fun weekend, Sue xx

Caroline said...

Well, if you read my question on fb, the answer is "No, I haven't!" Lol.
You know I admire everything you create. Your style is sooo cool; these tags being no exception. Oh, that melted ep with your butterfly stamp... lushness. Adore the dragonflies (still can't bring myself to take apart books but always like how they look)... As for Seth's products? Gosh,how I wish I wasn't so poorπŸ˜“. The additional splatters & background stamping are what bringeth the tags together! Then, gorgeous colours too ~ why don't I simply write "Everything is marvellous"?πŸ‘ˆπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜œ

Pamellia said...

Wonderful tag Tracey! I love the bright aqua background, it works so well with the rustic edges and the neutral elements. The wood pieces are fantastic and who doesn't like a pretty dragonfly!! Lovely design. hugs :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Love everything about this tag! Just on my way to Rowantree crafts! Chrisx

Jackie PN said...

And the hits keep coming!! Tracy!!! Beautiful with the blue!
Jackie xoxo

Kate Yetter said...

I really love the green. Such a great color to display your beautiful stamps!
Kate

A Pink said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous , gorgeous! Tracy Patina meets rust meets Daked Textures meets your dragonflies = result !
Hugs x

sarascloset said...

Tracy, this is amazing! I love the butterfly made with the Baked Texture! Just a beautiful design altogether! So happy to see this featured on Seth's blog. Hugs!