Wednesday 21 February 2018

Butterfly Tag

Today I have another piece of art using my new release from AALLandCreate. Today I have another vintage make with my butterfly stamp. To view the whole collection and to see a list of our stockists please click HERE.

If you would like to see my first piece using my stamps, please click HERE. I also have another project I created which you can find HERE. My third piece created with my stamps you can find HERE. You can see a colourful make HERE using my stamps.
This is another version of my tag using Tim Holtz Etcetera tag, this one is slightly larger than the others. Once again I decorated the background in the same way, you can find step by steps using the links above.
I have used my background border stamp in the background of my tag.
I have used my butterfly for the focal images.
I had cut the butterflies from old vintage French book pages and decided to use the cut out pieces in my background, it seemed a shame to waste them. I added a butterfly stamped onto Parchment paper in the centre aperture.
I added some random machine stitching around the outside edges of the bookpages and I also added some random background stamping using my background stamp.
I love the delicacy of the buterfly stamped onto parchment paper. I also added a few delicate splatters of Distress Paint.
I am just loving Seth Apter's Beeswax Baked Texture. Once again I stamped into a puddle of Beeswax, it adds amaxing texture to a design.
I machine stitched through the body of this butterfly and left the cotton threads for added texture.
I drilled holes through my tag and added some rusty wire for further texture and interest. I also added touches of Distress Paint around the edges of my tag and randomly to my book pages.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



9 comments:

ann barnes said...

I love the puddle effect! These projects are stunning Tracy. I am so happy you
shared them. ~hugs

Redanne said...

The stamped beeswax looks fabulous, as do the butterflies themselves. Great background too, loving that set of stamps. It was wonderful seeing your samples at Stitches, they look even more beautiful in real life! Hugs, Anne xx

Seth said...

This while series is just stellar, stunning and spectacular.

brenda said...

A super background Tracy and lovely Butterfly image focally.

B x

Marci said...

I love this series of tags with your new stamps and Tumbled Glass!

Jackie PN said...

What an amazing series Tracy!
These butterflies knock my socks off each time I see them, and I'm not just saying that! Wow How beautiful they would be on canvases for wall art?!! just thinking aloud...lol
I do believe your new stamps will be a HUGE hit and I am saving to buy some of my own!
love&luck to you,Jackie xo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Tracy!This is spectacular! Hoping to get my stamps this weekend and just the inspiration I need! Chrisx

Kate Yetter said...

Another gorgeous piece with these stamps. Love all your squiggles as a border.
Beautiful!
Kate

A Pink said...

Now this one makes my heart happy! Delicate , yet kinda grungy too .Love it .
hugs x