Thursday 31 October 2013

Welcome Autumn

The weather has really changed over the past couple of weeks and it feels very Autumnal, a great excuse for an Autumnal card and a perfect time to showcase the HAYRIDE PLATE once again from Artistic Outpost.

I coloured the background of my card with Distress Ink and flicked with water. I stamped the vine to the top corner of my card with Black Archival Ink.
I created a window type frontage using the Vintage Cabinet Card die, adding several layers to add depth to my design. I stamped the frame and the background with the background stamp from the EPHEMERA BACKGROUNDS plate., stamping with Coffee Archival Ink and colouring with Distress Inks, again flicking with water. I stamped the young girl who is watching the stall with Black Archival Ink. I added a shelf using Art Parts, again coloured with Distresss Inks. Faux pumpkins have been added to the shelf along with signage and buckets of apples all from the HAYRIDE PLATE.
I have added a small pumpkin patch and sat the young boy within the pumpkins, I love his adorable little face! Again I have added a sign and included "pumpkin patch" using computer generated text. The pumpkins have been coloured with Distress Markers.
This picture shows the dimension on the frame, I love including dimension in my pieces. To complete, I have added the sentiment, stamped with Black Archival Ink and coloured with Distress Inks.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

10 comments:

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

This is a stunning card ! I love all these layers ! thanks for sharing

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning card Tracy, I saw it on the AO blog already, it's a real beauty, love those sepia colour tones!

Anonymous said...

The use of the die-cut on the card is stunning - this card tells such a wonderful, Autumnal story.
Wishes
Lynne

Unknown said...

Love the autumnal colours, lovely card.

Dianne said...

STUNNING,a gorgeous piece of art work, you call a card,looooove those arches, the vines, the water drops. Thanks for sharing..Hope you have a wonderful weekend..

Anonymous said...

This project is Stunning!! I LOVE all the depth of the layers!!!!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous AO stamps and a great design.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Mary Elizabeth said...

Seriously ... what a fabulous card. I love the cabinet card as a window for the vendor. Gorgeous use of these stamps. Oh ... I am so loving fall and this card just makes me love it even more. Awesome make Tracy -- Mary Elizabeth

Words and Pictures said...

Such a wonderful burnished gold colour palette, and brilliant use of the stamps. I love the cabinet card market stall - so clever, and so effective. A fantastic card, Tracy!
Alison xx

Suzanne C said...

Love that you put the window with the boy and the pumpkin patch boy together! This is so cool!