Friday 25 October 2013

Memories Are Stitched With Love

I'm using the fabulous Vintage Sewing set by Sam Poole for this weeks DT creation for Creative Expressions.
The background is paper from the Vintage Shabby Paper Stash which I have distressed and added a touch of colour using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I have then added machine stitching to the outer edge for further interest.
The bodice have been stamped onto Coconut White card with Black Archival Ink and coloured with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I have then used a water brush to bleach out some of the areas. I have also distressed the edges with a pair of scissors. I have added a dimensional flower using the Heartfelt Delicate Asters.
I have added Idea-ology Ruler Ribbon to the backdrop which I have machine stitched into place. I have also incuded a tag from a recent clothes purchase and added a safety pin for added dimension and interest.
The sentiment Memories Are Stitched With Love has been added to the top of the card and once again I have distressed the edges. I have torn some of the edges to the card to add to that aged feel and added random stitching to the background.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Creative Expressions Webpage
Creative Expressions Facebook
Creative Expressions News

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

An absolute favourite theme of mine. What an outstanding card this is with all those wonderful details and that beautiful flower.
Wishes
Lynne

Brenda Brown said...

Superb Tracy. This is a fabulous card using Sam's wonderful images, beautifully designed and layered. I love distressing and stitching especially on the ruler ribbon.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Anonymous said...

What an awesome layout!!! I love the warm grungy look of it!!!

Words and Pictures said...

A glorious vintage piece, making the most of those wonderful images, and details that suit the theme so perfectly... I love the stitching, the ruler ribbon, wonderful distressing and loose threads and all those lovely buttons - great make, as ever, Tracy!
Alison xx

Dianne said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL ,BEAUTIFUL,looks like a treasure you would find in the attic, fabulous work Miss Tracy, I loooooove it... Thanks for sharing.. Have a wonderful week..