Wednesday 16 October 2013

Artistic Outpost Blog Hop

Time for our monthly blog hop with Artistic Outpost and this month it's a DESIGNERS CHOICE which I love as I can use one of my favourite stamp plates once again, the SNOWY WOODS plate.
The background of my card has been coloured with Tarnished Brass Distress Stain and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, applying each to a non-stick craft sheet and spritzing with water and then mopping up the ink with my card.
I then embossed the background with a snowflake embossing folder and highlighted the dimension and texture further with touches of Treasure Gold Olive Bronze and Treasure Silver Gilding Wax.
The Ornate Frame has been cut from black card and I have added touches of Treasure Gold Olive Bronze to the black to blend with my background. I have stamped the focal image with black Archival Ink and added touches of white to his beard using a white pencil crayon.
I have added a banner with the sentiment "Happy Christmas" added, colouring the banner with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and adding touches of Black Soot to the edges for definition. I have also added two wooden stars stamped with parts of the images from the Snowy Woods plate and again coloured with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
A double bow has been added to the bottom of the card along with black twine and a further wooden star for added dimension.


My fellow Design Team members have made some fabulous pieces to inspire you, please pop along and visit their blogs and be inspired along the way.

Artistic Outpost also has a fabulous REFERRAL THEME taking place for October and the theme is ANYTHING GOES using your AO images. There is also a fabulous prize on offer, upload your designs HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x

22 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful colours Tracy and a fabulous design, I love the framed Santa and how you have stamped him on the stars.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Tracy. Love the background colors used and such a sweet image too. Karen.x

Suzanne C said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love that you put the vintage Father Christmas onto the star! Beautiful design and card!

Maggie said...

Great Christmas card Tracy love the different vintage/grungy look so me! I just know you had fun making this card.

MaggieH

slbt17 said...

lovely card!
I always loved this set.
Sandra ltb

Terry said...

Wonderful vintage Christmas feel! Love how you framed Santa and now I am so happy I ordered that die! The embossed snowflake background is gorgeous! Love this!

Carol Q said...

much as I don't want to think about Christmas yet Tracey - it's a gorgeous atmospheric Christmassy card you've created here.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I LOVE this gorgeous card- love the embossed snowflake BG- love the wooden star accents- and the big beautiful bow!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

So you mopped up with your cardstock.........amazing colors and transformation with the "mopping tech"! lol Beautiful vintage piece Tracy.

itzamitzi said...

Beautiful vintage card! I love the bkgrd. but most of all the way you repeated the St. Nick image on the stars.

Hettie said...

Wow. WOw and WOW!!! This is AMAZING!
I absolutely love this card and even Hubby said it was great!
Well done and now you are making me spend even more money!!
Hugs
xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

When I saw this on the DT site, it totally knocked my socks off! I am just drooling over that fabulous metallic and embossed background you created. And stamping on the wooden stars - brilliant, my dear, totally brilliant. All of your recent work with this set has been sensational and this is the best yet!

Hugs,
Linda

May said...

Gorgeous card Tracy, the background is beautiful as is the fabulous image...Love how you stamped this on the wooden elements... Fantastic... Hugs May x x x

Barb Cady said...

This totally blows me away Tracy, it is absolutely fabulous! I love the wooden stars stamped with part of the same image (one of my favourite Santa's) and the lovely background and the great use of the ornate frame. Wonderful! X

Redanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Tracy, the Treasure Gold creates wonderful highlights, love the Father Christmas stamp and the stamping on the stars looks amazing. Hugs, Anne x

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning holiday card Tracy! Love the Silver and Gold along with the stamping of the images on your wood accents!

Kate Yetter said...

A very beautiful card! The embossed background is so lovely with those neutral colors. And I especially love that stamped star over the bow!

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely gorgeous vintage neutrals, and the stamping on the stars looks completely fab! Beautiful card, Tracy.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Such an elegant colour palette and a gorgeous stamp, little wonder he is a favourite.
Beautiful!
Wishes
Lynne

hazel said...

A fabulous Christmas card, I love the background and stars.
xxx Hazel.

Lynn Stevens said...

I knew this was yours when I saw it in the group post, Your art is so distinctive. Gorgeous!!!!
Hugs Lynn

Dianne said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, what a GORGEOUS Christmas card, I loooove it,Santa looks fabulous framed then in the stars, the gold, just fabulous, thanks for sharing...