Sunday 1 January 2012

Altered Alice Chapter 11 Challenge, Week 1 - Stripes

Another month has passed by and here we are again with The Altered Alice and the challenge this month is to use STRIPES in your artwork. Our sponser this month is CRESCENDOh and the Design Team have all been working with the fabulous Alice In Wonderland set by Danita.

This month I decided to create a journal page using these wonderful whimsical images.

I masked my background to create the stripes and used Distress Ink broken china, a colour I often choose as I associate it with Alice's dress.  I cut two hearts from white card as hearts are also associated with Alice In Wonderland and embossed one with a Tim Holtz Texture Fade and the second with a Cuttlebug heart embossing folder.  I then sponged with broken china ink, added the hearts to my page and then added black and white stripes to the outside edge of each.

I added some of the smaller images from the set to the stripes, keeping it simple using only black Archival Ink.  I wanted to keep the images black and use only the one colour, BLUE in this case.

 
We look forward to seeing your STRIPED CREATIONS, If it features Wonderland, you will have two chances at the randomly awarded prize instead of one. Multiple entries are fine, but each must be on a separate post. Link your entries over at The Altered Alice.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year. Tracy x x

13 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy New Year dear Tracy.

Wow your page is brilliant.
Stunning play with the stamps. Love them.

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous use of stripes and so unusual Tracy, but that's why I love coming and looking at your blog. Always something different and inspirational.
My very best wishes to you and your family, for a year full of love, health, peace and happiness.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Emma Williams said...

FABULOUS piece of artwork, Tracy and I love all the detail.

Happy New Year to you and your family...I hope 2012 brings you everything you could wish for.
Love Emma xxx

Anonymous said...

I've liked this set for such a long time but always talked myself out of purchasing it. What fun to work with those stamps. A great piece of art to kick off 2012. I cannot wait to see what else you have in store for us.
A Happy New Year to you.
Wishes
Lynne

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Great way to start the year - fabulous journal page, Tracy! Happy New Year!! xx

Juls said...

fabulous!!! Love the colours and the embossed detail! Hugs Juls

Suzanne C said...

Love how you embossed the hearts and trimmed them with stripes. Fantastic!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Wonderful job Tracy and I love those stamps!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

hazel said...

A fabulous start to the year Tracy - I love it.
Happy New Year.
xxx Hazel.

Amy* said...

Tracy I absolutely LOVE this! Broken China is my favorite Distress Ink as well and your beautiful background really sets the stage for the whimsical Danita stamps! I love the embossed hearts with the striping detail and the way you have created a stripe within a stripe effect with the smaller stamps...BEAUTIFUL!

Happy New Year!!

Amy*

Meme said...

Tracy you did a fabulous job on your journal pages. Broken China is one of my favs. I can't wait to work with these stamps.
Happy New Year!
Cheers!

DonnaMundinger said...

Tracy, I adore this! Love the blues and how you've used so many of the adorable stamps. Sorry I'm so late in visiting. I'm struggling this month. xxD

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful, love the colors.