Tuesday 10 January 2012

Pink Perfection

A couple of weeks ago I was asked by Scott from 3M if I would like to evaluate/review the Advanced Tape Glider (ATG); of course I jumped at the chance.  These are my personal views and opinions:


  • The ATG is very simple to use and the instructions are very easy to follow using the instruction guide enclosed with the product. The ATG does exactly what it says on the box! There is also a wonderful "how to" video on the website HERE giving a very quick and easy demonstration, what could be easier. The ATG is the perfect tool for use in your creative journey. So simple to use, you simply use the finger trigger to release a controlled application of tape, no cutting required you simply release the trigger when you have sufficient tape; even better there is no mess! The ATG has two 6.3mm x 32.9m rolls of tape included with each Glider meaning its long lasting between refills. The ATG is compact so easy for storage as I know what all crafters are like, we have so many products storage is always a problem LOL.  Great colour too as I know quite a few crafters who like anything pink but in my case it makes it easier to lay my hands on the equipment when I need it.
  • The tape is ACID FREE/PHOTO SAFE so the perfect tool for Scrapbooking, allowing you to adhere photo's and other keepsakes securely, the tape has a very strong hold. The ATG is the perfect tool for all your Card Making requirements, adhering paper, card, ribbon, embellishments and also perfect for Invitations as there is no cutting of tape making mass production so much easier and you know that what you adhere stays stuck, therefore no problems when posting. The ATG bonds to coated and uncoated surfaces, all the surfaces I tried worked a treat. Narrow borders are no longer a problem using the ATG, quick, simple and professional. I also tried a few pieces of ribbon and the ATG was wonderful and gave a great bond and both narrow and wide ribbons ahered to my card perfectly. I also experimented with grey board, mountboard and corrugated card and the ATG adhered them all no problem and my sample card below uses corrugated card to prove my point. The tape also works fabulously with fine glitter too, so perfect if you want to add a border of glitter.
  • We all love a bargain especially just after Christmas and this fabulous ATG is on offer at the moment at £9.99. Refills are also available independently. Simply click HERE and you will be transported to the 3M website.
I created the card above adhering everything using the ATG and I must admit it was very quick, clean, simple and gives a professional result and most importantly for me gives a great bond, I always worry that pieces will fall off when sending items in the post but once stuck, it's stuck.

I would like to thank Scott at 3M for the opportunity to use a fabulous product, one I will keep in my CRAFT ESSENTIALS.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I got the pink gun for my birthday and love it big time! Your card is a stunner and a great colour... I have to do a CAS purple make today and was contemplating embossed hearts too. Have a good week! Sarah.

Sandy said...

Wow your card is wonderful Tracy.
Amazing design. Love the hearts.

Jingle said...

That is a beautiful card! I have the original ATG in red and I LOVE that thing!

Carol Q said...

I've had one for years Tracy and it's falling apart finally so I'm off to buy a pink one! lol

Helen said...

What a great card!! I've never thought about getting a tape gun, but you make it sound worth considering, though I have read about people having trouble loading it.

Barb Cady said...

I treated myself to the gun just before Christmas and agree wholeheartedly with all of your comments! Also love the card you have made, gorjuss heart stamp! xx

Siobhan Fyffe said...

I think the people at 3M will be delighted with your praise of the tape gun!!! Everyone who reads you blog will want to get one!!
Great card too .
Siobhan

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

That stamped heart is beautiful, I love that stamp!! That card is FAB anyway!!
The tape gun sounds great, maybe I will order one.

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

Sue said...

I've had one of these.....not a pink one, a yellow one......for years and its a fab tool........such an easy way to use double sided tape.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Very nice write up and gorgeous card! I'm following you (sounds scary) now as well!!!

Emma Williams said...

Might have to try out that gun for myself, looks fab!! Sorry for not visiting your blog as much this week, but you guessed it, I've been a little busy!! lol.
Another stunning card and I adore the colours you've chosen...gorgeous!
Love Emma xx

Gerri Herbst said...

Stunning creation...adore all the hearts.

Suzanne C said...

Love my Tape gun! Couldn't live without it. The hearts on your card are phenom! Beautiful card.