Saturday 28 January 2012

She Only Flew When No One Could See

I've been using the Madame Birdcage Skirt again for my creation for 100 Proof Press this week.
I have used kraft card and sponged with Distress Ink brushed corduroy to give a vintage feel to my piece.  The birds in the background are to echo the bird within her dress and are from a Crafters Workshop template sponged with Distress Ink black soot.
I have added Tim's mini bird and cage as I thought they complimented the image beautifully, adding a little dimension to my creation.
I added a copper heart from my collection of embellishments along with the sentiment from Wendy Vecchi.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy x x

13 comments:

TonyR said...

gorgeous colours! i love kraft + black! again your signature of elegant simplicity. love it xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Tracy, I have this stamp somewhere from a different company. Must get it out again.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Gorgeous design and color combination!
Wish you a nice weekend,
hugs Anja

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Beautiful card Tracy, Love the colouring and the stamps you have used, your stamp collection must be amazing to look at! :) Jan x

Carol Q said...

love that Tracy. very cleverly put together!

flutterbycrafter said...

Fantastic, the images go perfectly with the sentiment and I love the kraft card stock.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I hope you continue to use this stamp as I have fallen in love with it.
Wonderful composition.
Wishes
Lynne

Lynn Stevens said...

The little birdcage is the perfect finishing touch. Really like how you did the trees and bird in the background too. Such a lovely card!
Hugs Lynn

hazel said...

Wonderful Tracy.
xxx Hazel.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Fabulous card Tracy, lovely layout and a vintage feel! Have a lovely Sunday! xx

Alison said...

This is so elegant Tracy, I love it! x

Sandy said...

Really really beautiful.
Love the stamp. Brilliant work. xoxo

Suzanne C said...

Love the image with the birdcage. The heart is a lovely touch. Beautiful!