Friday 5 April 2019

There are no Rules

I have a mixed media project today using another of my favourite stamps, Numbered Pencils #165 from AALLandCreate. This stamp set is available from our stockists which you can find listed HERE.
I really enjoyed the process of just creating with this piece and I was really thrilled with how all the layers came together.
I began by adding layers of vintage book pages to the background of my canvas and I then added touches of stamping using the Numbered Pencils stamp in the background.
I added some touches of stencilling detail in the background, applying Distress Crayon over the stencil and then smudging the colour with my finger.
I added a frame to give further dimension to my design and also incorporated a SnipArt frame in the background for further texture and interest.
I also incorporated a stamped pencil wrapped in natural twine along with a rusty nail.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x
AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.


6 comments:

craftimamma said...

Love the neutrals and all the layers that you manage to incorporate. So many little details to explore. Xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Tracy, love the neutral tones and design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Vickie ~ Mademoiselle*Rose said...

I love your work, Tracy, but it's just becoming impossible to buy the products. I'm in Australia and you can't get it here (there are some stores listed in the stockists, but they don't really sell it anymore) and for example I want to buy your A4 Silhouette stamp and there are like three places to buy overseas all with postage that makes it impossible to buy from Australia. I have resorted to buying straight from the AALL and Create store from time to time, but they don't list any of the new ones. They don't even email anymore with the new releases and it's impossible to even find out from one central place what all the new releases are. I give up on AALL and Create in frustration and look at your wonderful pieces, but just shake my head, can't buy 'em if I can't find 'em.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Vickie I am hoping you see this, could you email me at tracy@craft-addicts.co.uk., I am sure we can help. I can’t find any details for you to contact you x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the neutrals and that paperclip... Great make!

Redanne said...

Apologies for my lateness, have been laid low... Tracy, this is a truly stunning piece of art, I love every single little detail you added as each one just enhances your gorgeous pencils stamp even more, the neutral tones are just perfect! So, so beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx