Tuesday 1 May 2018

May Flowers with Eileen Hull Dies

Hi everyone and welcome to my post as part of the Eileen Hull Design Team. This month we are showcasing May Flowers using Eileen's dies.
For this project I used one of my all time favourite dies of Eileen's, the Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Book, Passport, it is such a fantastic, versatile die that can cut so many materials. I have some step by steps for you below:
Die cut the Passport pieces from mountboard. We have a front and back cover and the spine.
Crumple a piece of white tissue paper to create creases and then adhere to each of the die cut pieces. I used Distress Collage Medium to adhere mine.
At this stage I was thinking about texture and decided that I now wanted to emboss my pieces and was still hoping that some of the creases in the tissue would still be visible after embossing. I was delighted that some still remained even after the embossing process. I used Eileen's Daisy Wreath Embossing Folder, which I thought fitted perfectly for the May Flowers Challenge.
I then painted all my pieces with black acrylic paint, making sure to cover all the white areas.
I then dry brushed with DecoArt Media Metallic Silver Paint which really highlights the texture beautifully.
From this picture you can see that some of the creases I created with the tissue paper are still visible, which I love.
Now time to add some flowers to my design. I opted for Eileen's Stitchy Flowers and Leaf Thinlits Die, again another fantastically versatile die. I die cut several pieces to create dimensional flowers.
I spritzed the die cut flowers with a light misting of water.
I then scrunched each of the die cut flowers to add texture to each die cut piece and I then layered three large flowers and two small flowers together.
I added a brad to the centre of my flowers to add another detail element to my design.
I also added some small beads to the centre, again adding further texture and added some highlights of silver acrylic paint to the petals.
I assembled the book and I am absolutely delighted with the finish, the texture and dimension is something I love.
I added the butterfly to the centre, my stamp from AALLandCreate which you can find HERE.
I added some touches of texture to my butterfly, adding small pieces of cheesecloth to the wings. I also included beads and a Story Stick from Tim Holtz. My butterfly sits on one of Tim Holtz frames.
I love the texture on the spine of my book and I also included a few more small beads for added interest.
I added one of Tim Holtz Mini Hardware Pulls for added dimension which sits perfectly against my dimensional flowrs.
I added black pages to my book and also included another one of my stamped butterflies, coloured with metallic markers.
I added black pages which enables the recipient to add white doodling or metallic sketches etc to the pages.
My fellow team members have created further designs to inspire you this month, please pop by Eileen's BLOG to see more details.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x





20 comments:

Zuzu's Blog said...

I really love this. When I saw the main image I thought you had altered a very old shabby book.
But you actually made it look like a vintage worn book.
It’s gorgeous and effective ❤️

Sue said...

This is such a beauty Tracy! I love the texture of the tissue paper and those tiny beads and pieces of cheescloth are just perfect! Have a very happy May, Sue xx

marja said...

This is so beautiful!
I learn so much from you, thank you!

Amanda said...

Simply stunning
Love
Amanda x

Julie said...

Love the gorgeous muted palate Tracy! And those tiny little beads - lovely

Cec said...

Fantastic. Love all the texture from the tissue and the embossing and the eclectic group of embellishments work beautifully together.
Hugs!
Cec

Dorthe said...

Oh so very beautiful Tracy,
I totally love it, the tissue and embossing, the flowers and butterfly- everything so gorgeous.
Hugs. Dorthe, xx

Chris said...

Oh my! I'm lost for words. This is just stunning!I love all the texture and the metallics and the finishing touches. Gorgeous... xx

froebelsternchen said...

Simply FANTASTIC! WOW!
Happy May!

Astrid Maclean said...

I happened to see this on Facebook already, - it is super gorgeous!! The cover looks like a genuine old book, so clever and super use of the stamps!! Well and the dies of course!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a gorgeous creation Tracy! It looks perfect for some romantic poems to be written with a white pen! Love it! Chrisx

Kate Yetter said...

OOOH, the flowers and textures and neutrals are gorgeous on this, Tracy! I love it!!
Kate

Fliss said...

THis is really stunning in detail Tracy. So much fabulous texture and the colours you chose look fantastic.
I have this die as yet still not used so I must find time to play.
Fliss xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Great project, wonderful texture. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Redanne said...

Absolutely stunning Tracy, the crinkles, the embossing, the silver tone, they are all beautiful and give the journal an 'aged and worn' look. The white flowers are gorgeous and I love the butterfly in the frame and those little beads that you added - lots of wonderful texture too! Hugs, Anne xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE this...always love to see a contrast between feminine and grungy! Great book.

Diana said...

what a beautiful piece Tracy!!!! I love love love it!!

craftytrog said...

Wow! Gorgeous project Tracy! I love that metallic cover! Xxx

A Pink said...

Gorgeous ! As a big fan of monochrome this really caught my eye. Love how you have used the black, grey/ silver/ white incorporating texture and interest throughout your design . Thebrad centres on the flowers are a fab touch .
hugs x

Words and Pictures said...

Just delicious - love the embossed texture, so cool with the dry-brushed highlights - and the beaded texture is also a wonderful touch. The shabby flowers echo the white butterfly beautifully - a really gorgeous handmade book. Do come and share it at Mini Album Makers if you fancy it...
Alison x