Wednesday 23 May 2018

Let Your Dreams Blossom

Hi and welcome to another blog post using my stamp set #44 from AALLandCreate, which is available to purchase HERE.
I have reverted back to my love of all things vintage with this piece. I love using vintage tones in my artwork.
I began by adding low-tack tape around the edges of my kraft card and I then blended Dina Wakley White Acrylic Paint around the centre aperture, blending the paint with my finger. I then applied a layer of Turquoise Acrylic Paint around the edges, blending in towards the centre of the aperture, again blending with my fingers. I then added a light touch of Ocean Acrylic Paint with my finger, lightly around the very edges of the aperture. These layers add shading and definition to the design.
I then added a light dusting of 'A Bit Jaded' Infusions to the centre and spritzed lightly with water. This gives a little more detail to the design. I then removed the low-tack tape and then added some doodled lines around the edges of the aperture.
I then stamped my quirky flowers onto some book pages, cut out the flower heads and then added them to the same stamped image on my card, stapling the flower heads into place with my Tiny Attacher, giving yet a further little detail to my design.
I also added a touch more detail to the background using my border stamp, love this one and you can find it HERE. This background stamp is perfect for adding touches of detail to the background of a piece of work and the heart on the border stamp works beautifully as a focal image. I also added some delicate splatters of white paint for further interest along with an Index Clip and sentiment.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



I designed the stamps so that they would all work together and I am so delighted with the outcome.

AALLandCreate Boutique
AALLandCreate Webpage
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page.




6 comments:

Amanda said...

Loving the blue and grey against the kraft, another great card
Love
Amanda x

Redanne said...

The vintage tones look so beautiful Tracy, I love how you created the aperture, along with the doodling around the edge. Love how you combined the stamps too! Hugs, Anne xx

ann barnes said...

I love all the lines and how it really creates such textures all by itself! Beautiful card, and such awesome stamps Tracy! Love it

hazel said...

A wonderful card Tracy, fabulous stamps and colours.
xxx Hazel.

Sue said...

Just gorgeous Tracy, kraft, blue, and splatter, all of my favourite things! xx

Anneke said...

Beautiful design! ! Everything fits perfectly!!