Friday 25 May 2018

Dream in Flowers

Welcome to another post for AALLandCreate showcasing my Natures Garden stamp set.

I loved decorating this Etcetera tag adding lots of layered texture. I began by applying a random coat of Texture Paste to my tag and I then stamped my A4 stamp into the Texture Paste, spritzing my stamp with water first before stamping into the paste. Please remember to clean your stamp immediately with this technique. Once the paste was completely dry, I then applied a coat of Antique Linen Distress Paint to the surface and then dried with a heat tool. I then applied a second layer of paint, this time Vintage Photo Distress Paint, dried a little and then wiped back the paint with a baby wipe.
My A4 stamp set is available from our stockists listed HERE.
I cut out a circle from a remnant of fabric and frayed the edges and then stamped part of my A4 stamp onto the fabric using Acorn Archival Ink. I also added some delicate splatters of black paint and a story stick for added interest.
I stamped my flowers from my Natures Garden stamp set onto the same fabric, cut them out and then added to the bottom of my tag. This picture also highlights the wonderful texture in the background.
The fabric itself also adds further texture to the design.
I also added further stencilling to the background, adding texture paste over Autour de Mwa's stencil. I also added a scrabble tile for added dimension.
A vintage dip pen gives further dimension to the design. I also included some doodling to the edges of my tag with a black pen.
I added some of Dina Wakley's Media Tape and sstamped the text Grow onto the tape using the wording from my Quirky Blossoms stamp set.
I love mixing the stamps sets and using them all together in one cohesive design.
This piece really does have to be seen in real life to really appreciate the texture in the background.
The AALLandCreate stamp sets can be purchased from the Boutique.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


5 comments:

Sue said...

This is such a beauty Tracy, I love how you've stamped onto the fabric! Have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Redanne said...

Oooh, the background stamping looks amazing and I love the stamping onto fabric - something else for me to try! Another real beauty Tracy. Hope you have a lovely long (warm) weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

Anneke said...

This tag looks amazing!

Brenda Brown said...

Absolutely delightful Tracy, such a beautiful design xxx

Annie said...

Wow!! Love your latest stamps Tracy x Fabulous details and I love your make. The background is amazing and those flowers are so sweet.

TFS and hugs Annie x