Tuesday 21 November 2017

Eileen Hull Sizzix Book Club Release

Hi and welcome to another weekly showcase of Eileen Hull's soon to be released Sizzix Book Club dies.
This week I am showcasing the fabulous Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die Book and Pages, Trinket Box and Frame

This die has so many possibilites. It can be a shadow box as I have used it here or you could use the oval die within this as a frame on its own or as an aperture on a card. This could also be a book. The possibilities are endless and I am going to enjoy exploring more with this one!
These are the die cut pieces and as you can see you could use them as they are as stand alone projects or together as I have done. I will have to create a book from this next and that box element is just shouting shadow box and scenes.
I painted my die cut pieces with DecoArt Media Raw Umber Fluid Acrylic and dried the paint with a heat tool.
I added touches of vaseline randomly around my die cut pieces.
I then painted a top layer of DecoArt Media Crackle Paint.
The crackle is fantastic and you can see clearly where I have applied the Vaseline as the paint does not stick to those areas and is easily rubbed away.
I used a piece of kitchen towel and lightly rubbed away the areas where I had applied Vaseline. The Vaseline resists the paint and this gives me that perfect aged, chipped feel to my project.
I love the aged feel this gives to my piece.
I then added a coat of DecoArt Media Matte Medium to protect the surface.
I used the same techniques for the shadow box which I added to the inside.
I also added a wooden heart to give me dimension and a applied a wash of Pyrrole Red to the top just to add a pop of colour.
I added some cotton threads and cheesecloth to add further texture to my piece.
I also included a salvaged doll along with Remnant Rubs and Stickers from Tim Holtz. Rusty wire also gives another texture to the design.
I added 'MOMENTS' to the top die cut from white card using Eileen's Thinlits Die Floral Arch and Words. The flowers have been painted with Pyrrole Red Paint and I have added a pearl to the centre. The flowers are from Eileen's Thinlits Die Stitchy Flowers and Leaf.
I have also added a Hitch Fastener as my handle for the shadow box/frame.
I can see this is going to be one of my dies to use. Watch this space!
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Tracy
xxx





















6 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I absolutely love this Tracy, what a creative idea to display your wrapped heart with it peeping through the aperture. I'm really looking forward to this dies release it will be invaluable for my Jewellery making and a perfect way to package and display my makes. Thank you for the inspiration and sharing another amazing creation.
Hugs Tracey xx

Jenny Marples said...

LOVING seeing how this came together Tracy. It's a brilliant die design and you've really shown off the potential for using it as a stylish shadowbox beautifully here xx

Kate Yetter said...

This is stunning Tracy! I love the Vaseline technique and the heart with the fracture doll! Beautifully showcased.

Pamellia said...

Loving this project Tracy! The texture is amazing, the Vaseline technique really worked well to create a realistic peeling paint effect! Love those splashes of red, fantastic creation! hugs :)

Redanne said...

Wow, wow, wow Tracy, this is superb!! I am totally in love with the aged crackle, it looks positively ancient (in a good way) and those red flowers are just the pop of colour needed.... I love this so much, it is brilliant!! Hugs, Anne xx

Jackie PN said...

Oh Tracy!!
I just love this piece!! You worked that crackle perfectly!! If I did not know better I would swear the box was antiquated! Your porcelain dolly a perfect addition and your layers are superb!
Jackie xo