Monday 6 November 2017

Christmas Baubles

Morning and welcome. I am continuing with my seasonal pieces today and I have another Christmas Card.
I have used Tim Holtz Cling Foam Stamps once again but this time I have opted for a more vintage feel.
  1. Begin by painting the white card stock with a coat of Antique Linen Distress Paint and then dry the paint with a heat tool.
  2. Place the Layering Stencil onto the painted background and then blend Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the stencil, using only a light touch. You do not need to dry this layer.
  3. Place the Bauble image into the Stamp Platform and then ink the bauble with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink, applying only a little ink to the centre of the Bauble and then stamp the image onto the background.
  4. Apply a second coat of Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges of the Bauble only and then stamp the image again on top of the first stamping. This is why the Stamp Platform is perfect for this technique.
  5. Repeat the same process for the next two stamped baubles.
I added further dimension to one of the Baubles, adding a further stamped image onto the top and adding threads behind for added texture.
I love the two tone effect this gives to the stamping.
I also included a Seasons Greetings embellishment, coloured with Alcohol Ink.
I added a dimensional sentiment to the top, cut from a piece of my stencilled background.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
 
Tracy
xx
 

13 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I do love this.. I know we spoke about the traditions of Christmas and how hard it can be to turn those colours around but there is something so warming about this colour palette. Beautiful use of the stencil and stamps with their elegance shining through. Gorgeous!
Hugs Tracey x

Amanda said...

Stunning, I’ve ordered these stamps now!!
Love
Amanda x

Redanne said...

As Tracey has already said, there is a wonderful elegance to this card, the colour tones are beautiful and I love how you layered one of the baubles, it gives some great dimension. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Freddie Bubblescrap Sleijpen said...

Absolutely gorgeous. So soft yet so powerful!

Jenny Marples said...

Absolutely ADORE this Tracy! I'm reading carefully through your instructions to have a go. Not sure how you got the first layer of Vintage Photo ink so light on the baubles that the background still shows but I'll have to have a go I guess! Thank you for always sharing your extensive talents and ideas xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful and elegant card Tracy! Chrisx

hazel said...

This is such a beautiful card.
xxx Hazel.

Marci said...

Subtle and elegant.

Corrie Herriman said...

So beautiful !
Corrie xx

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful with all that dimension! I really like your neutral color palette as well.

Julia Aston said...

what beautiful subtle inking on your ornaments Tracy - the text stenciling is the perfect backdrop! Julia xx

A Pink said...

Lovely! the neutral palette is gorgeous and the dimensional sentiment cast a lovely shadow over your baubles .
hugs x

Words and Pictures said...

Love the vintage neutrals - that's a great card design.
Alison x